Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for info about KAR-A-VAN logo/emblem

Here is a poor quality image.

KAR-A-VAN.jpg.45a547280341b7ee72547eaf1d722176.jpg

This would be from the '70s.  I tried Google searches, but with various combinations of "KAR A VAN" (because that is all I know) all I get is info about all sorts of RVs and campers.  If anybody knows what this logo is and maybe where I can get a better image of it, I would really appreciate it.

Well Peter, I took a look through Google Images and found many, many references to various KAR A VAN and it is a widely used word with just as many starting with a "K" as well as "C".  And, I haven't been able to find another picture like the one you posted.  I wish you good luck on your search.

Thanks for the info guys!  I had a feeling that someone here would come through with some good info.  :)

But with Brad's magazine ad I have some good reference. Looks like Recreational Vans Inc. is long gone and not much info is available online.  But the logo shown in that old magazine is all I need.

@Lordmodelbuilder assuming it is a photo you just took of your old magazine, would it be possible to post another photo of that page?  Just do a closeup of the logos themselves (you never know when I might need the other logos), and take the photo looking square at the logos if possible. That will make it easier for me to make decal artwork from them.  Your original photo is taken at an angle.  Thanks in advance!