Model Cars Magazine Forum

Audi R8 Mountain Bike Carrier

PatW

Having read the 'Pet Peeves' thread on here I hope I don't offend anyone with my seemingly less than perfect (it may seem to others) build.

This is the Revell kit version. Other than the twisted, buckled floor, front and rear windows buckled, and side windows too long and too high and oh yes trying to fit the body over the interior, was nigh on impossible. I had to shave down the door panels, take off the dash and shave off the mounting to the floor and about a 1/4" round the top of the dash as it touched the body without the windows in!

With the engine surround there is a window panel at the back of the seats, this was also far too high and wide so shaved that down too! And a few other problems, too many to count!

Anyway here's the finished article.........................

photo1-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

photo3-th.jpg

photo3-th.jpg

The bikes, roof bars and top box come from a Fujimi kit. The decals are a Dot Camo from Scale Motorsport. The rear bike rack is scratch built.

If anyone is offended by this thread please comment so that I can avoid this website in future!

Edited by PatW

10 hours ago, jchrisf said:

Being a mountain biker and a cool car enthusiast I really like it.  What kit did the bikes and racks come from exactly?

Thanks jchrisf, this is the Fujimi kit, bikes, roof bars and top boxes............

photo1-th.jpg

They go at about £15 here in the UK on Ebay.

Edited by PatW

I for one LOVE your builds and this is no exception B)

Different, quirky and interesting. I comment on stuff I like when I see it.

Far more likely to comment on a number of your builds and avoid the more bland routine topics we see over and over

Intentionally I avoid reading the pet peeves thread

Edited by Twokidsnosleep