Model Cars Magazine Forum

New member - a sample of my work

bh1701

*** Edited to get the photos grouped together. Thanks for the tip, Patrick! ***

Hi, everyone! I've been following this forum for quite a while and finally decided to post some samples of my work. I've been building models (mostly 1/25 autos) since I was a kid in the 50's and 60's. Hopefully my model building skill has improved with age. I've always used rattle spray cans and painted the chrome trim by hand. I have an air brush now that I will be learning to use, and bought some Bare Metal Foil so I can learn how to use that, too!

Sorry for all of these photos...but I wanted to give you a good idea of what I've done! I've included some non-automobile models I have made, too.

Thanks for looking! Let me know what you think!

Bart

The 2007 Mustang Convertible is a Mustang coupe that I converted into a replica of my car. To replace the GT grill, I took a photo of my grill and used that with the Mustang emblem from the kit added. Not the best painting effort on my part. It looks as rough in person as it does in the photos.

Mustang-3.jpg

Mustang-2.jpg

Mustang-1.jpg

Mustang-4.JPG

My 1/25th Mustang, with a Barbie Mustang...which was originally bright Pink!

Mustang-5.JPG.155d1f923fb2f48e5ddba0ee4414f0bd.JPG

A Model T

Model T.JPG

The Polar Lights USS Enterprise (about 7" in length) - photoshopped over a star background.

Enterprise model with space background.jpg

The Polar Lights Enterprise Bridge -  with some modifications to the Turbolift alcove and the navigation console.

Enterprise Bridge.JPG

5b310f327e452_EnterpriseBridge(3).JPG.a522a77a1a7dae27779e2ebcf7eff3ed.JPG

AMT's 1958 Edsel kit

Edsel-2.JPG

Edsel-1.JPG

The Polar Lights Batmobile Snap-Kit and the Lincoln Futura

Batmobile-Futura-3.JPG

Batmobile-Futura-2.JPG

Batmobile-1.JPG

Batmobile-Futura-1.JPG

I'm also an N-Gauge modeler. Here is a 1/160th scale Batmobile on my layout. Batman and the Police Chief are having a meeting - at the donut shop, of course!

Batmobile.JPG

Some other Mustangs I have owned - a 66 Mustang and a 75 Mustang II

65 and 75 Mustangs.JPG

This 60 Lincoln was originally built when I was 8 years old. Using Q-Tips to paint the kit. Repainted many times after that, with paint getting on the windows. Later in life I stripped the paint and rebuilt it. Felt good to fix up a glue bomb model that I was responsible for!

60 Lincoln-2.JPG

60 Lincoln-1.JPG

Revell's HO Scale Big Boy locomotive

Unio Pacific Big Boy (1).JPG

Unio Pacific Big Boy (2).JPG

MPC's 1928 Lincoln

28 Lincoln.JPG

Monogram's Caddy Kit. All chrome trim was hand-painted!

59 Cadillac Eldorado.JPG

59 Cadillac Eldorado (3).JPG

59 Cadillac Eldorado (2).JPG

Monogram's 1958 T-Bird

58 T-Bird.JPG

Made this 57 T-Bird for the guy who owned it. Even added the fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror!

57 T-Bird.jpg

Edited by bh1701
Repositioned photos

56 minutes ago, bh1701 said:

(is there a way to arrange the photos once you drag them into the post?)

Yes, once the photos are uploaded to your message, place the blinking cursor in the message where you want the picture, go down to picture and click on the +. The pic will place in the order and location you want it.

BTW - love your builds, nice selection of various themes. Keep it up. 

All good builds Bart, and don't beat yourself up too much about the paint job on that Mustang. There's a good range of models that show your skills off nicely. I always wonder how people can do this kind of scale modelling work in N-scale, as I find 1:24 scale challenging enough at times, but those buildings and the cars in N-scale... Wow!

David

Welcome to the board Bart!   You weren't a kid in the 60s if you didn't paint at least one model car with a Q-Tip!   

One suggestion I can make about paint, is that Duplicolor automotive paint lays down much better than hobby paints.  You must use their primer to protect the plastic, but their colors lay down real nice.  Some of them will require a clear coat.  Use all the same brand paints.