Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 1949 Ford Tudor Coupe. 1/32 scale

ewetwo

Looks very well built, but the body proportions are way off which is not your fault. The grill looks like 1/24 and the body is 1/32. You mentioned the body came in parts. This is how Revell did all their 1/25 kits when they first got into modeling cars.   

I was wary of putting the body together and then painting it as I didn't know how it would work out. But with super glue. The body is pretty secure. If I had know this I would have built the body. Fitted the sides on and try and make the seams disappear. Thanks for the comment. I appreciate them. And the trunk looks better in real life. Funny how the camera magnifies the fault. LOL

this turned out well, IMHO.

I have been putting off building this kit due to the dimensional problems.

I wonder if the convertible version of this kit will look as bad as this version.

To me, the kit looks like the molds were designed based on the "perspective" artwork on the box.

I found that I would put the body together first. And then paint it. But seeing I never built one where the sideS have to be glued to the middle piece.  I didn’t know. If I did I could have finished the body seams a bit better. As far as the grill and such. I’m not that talented to change those dimesions. But you can. As long as you have fun in the building. That’s all that matters. :-) 

Nice build.  I built this kit last summer thinking it would be a quick build but it was not.  The amount of time I spent making this kit look decent equaled to the amount of time I spent on a more detailed 1/25 kit.  I was so frustrated that I put it away for a few months.  I did finish it in time for the NNL West last February.  Good job on the wheel beauty rings.  On my build I went with hubcaps only.

22 minutes ago, carrucha said:

Nice build.  I built this kit last summer thinking it would be a quick build but it was not.  The amount of time I spent making this kit look decent equaled to the amount of time I spent on a more detailed 1/25 kit.  I was so frustrated that I put it away for a few months.  I did finish it in time for the NNL West last February.  Good job on the wheel beauty rings.  On my build I went with hubcaps only.

I love the see your build.