Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dale Earnhardt’s 1988 Monte Carlo

Jay

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2018 at 4:03 PM, Johnny Racer said:

Super clean build!  Has a really nice stance to it. Did you lower it at all???  What color did you use for the interior/chassis?

The chassis is Chevy engine orange... I lowered it by cutting off the axle stubs and just direct gluing the wheels where I wanted.

Very well executed.  That's the stance I'm looking for on my build. Gonna try lowering the front end by moving the spindle pins up about 1/16" and trim the rear springs down 1/16" to get the rear down.

Thanks for the heads up on the interior color.  Seems the general consensus is mixed on these builds.  You have your die hard red people and then the Chevy Engine Orange peeps. Gonna do some spoon test spray outs on my own to see which my eyes like best and go from there on my build.

Who's hood/deck pins are those and what is the 2 part clear coat you speak of?

Edited by Johnny Racer

1 hour ago, Johnny Racer said:

Very well executed.  That's the stance I'm looking for on my build. Gonna try lowering the front end by moving the spindle pins up about 1/16" and trim the rear springs down 1/16" to get the rear down.

Thanks for the heads up on the interior color.  Seems the general consensus is mixed on these builds.  You have your die hard red people and then the Chevy Engine Orange peeps. Gonna do some spoon test spray outs on my own to see which my eyes like best and go from there on my build.

Who's hood/deck pins are those and what is the 2 part clear coat you speak of?

The hood pins are Crazy Modeler and Chevy engine orange is more red than orange.  I saw this car at RCR a few years back and the chassis is definitely red orange.

17 minutes ago, Johnny Racer said:

You wouldn't happen to have a link to the hood pins would you?  Can't seem to find them anywhere on the google search.

Spot Model sells a PE sheet with different ones on there.