Model Cars Magazine Forum

KFS Holmes Wrecker Body

I've been looking around for one, they seem rare as hen's teeth.  Just curious if anyone has seen one, if so, where?  KFS seems to indicated they might make more......some day. 

Otherwise, are there any other resin kits?  Looking for the old school wrecker bodies, Holmes 750's seemed to be the choice of the day.  1/25 scale.

I bought one on ebay last yr they pop up occasionally.  Mine must've sat for awhile cause the major parts were badly warped, and I ended up scratchbuilding new ones using them for patterns. Mine didn't come with the outer body , I fabbed that myself . 

I'll keep eye out for ya 

Thanks.  I've seen a few wrecker bodies fabbed here, not sure I can accomplish that.  I was thinking of one of the First Gear 1/25 diecast but they get a good price (still cheaper than the KFS) and I'm not sure I can accomplish in metal what I can with plastic and wood.

Try looking on ebay for a seller BCS trading. He sells assembled items and I think he has some wrecker bodies. I am not sure what they are or what era they are but they are reasonable

and are very nice. I bought a 1 ton dump body for $34.99 and it was really nice! I think he also has an ebay store under the same name.

39 minutes ago, fordf-100 said:

Try looking on ebay for a seller BCS trading. He sells assembled items and I think he has some wrecker bodies. I am not sure what they are or what era they are but they are reasonable

and are very nice. I bought a 1 ton dump body for $34.99 and it was really nice! I think he also has an ebay store under the same name.

Thanks, I've seen his stuff.  It looks pretty good and the prices seem very reasonable.  Mostly stuff for small trucks, the wrecker bodies are too new for this project also.

Wish I could help, I remember seeing this body years ago and telling myself..."I will get one soon" and never did. There is a void in this hobby for Holmes Wrecker bodies.   Sure wish there was someone else with a 500 & 750 wrecker kit, I would be all over em!

25 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Wish I could help, I remember seeing this body years ago and telling myself..."I will get one soon" and never did. There is a void in this hobby for Holmes Wrecker bodies.   Sure wish there was someone else with a 500 & 750 wrecker kit, I would be all over em!

Agreed.  So many cool wreckers at truck shows, Autocars, Brockways, Diamonds, Internationals, all old school.  With the cab offerings from AITM, you'd have tons of choices.

• 6 months later...

This would be most welcomed news. I have gone back and forth on whether or not I will build my large wrecker kits or sell them off and now it sounds like maybe I will be building them. I collected kits over the years with the idea of building a whole fleet from light duty, medium duty to heavy duty. A medium duty Holmes 500 or 600 would be great to have too!