Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished my quick little garage/workshop project. Update to show new floor.

Dragonhawk1066

Garage/workshop is basically done. Might put a brick pattern on the lower 1/3 of the walls if I come across some, as well as a black & white checkerboard pattern for the floor before I glue the workbenches in. All done in 3/16 in. foam board. Wall decor courtesy of various parts catalogs cut out and glued with elmer's glue. This was a nice and quick little project that was easy and very fun to build. The best part is that I learned a lot and have enough foam board to do about 5-10 more of these whenever I might get the urge to do something different. 

Decided to go with a concrete look instead of the checkered flag look as the checkered pattern wigged out my eyes while I was test fitting it. The next one I do I will have to be sure to put up the wall background before putting on the signs and "posters". 

DSCN2636.JPG

DSCN2637.JPG

DSCN2633.JPG

DSCN2687.JPG

DSCN2685.JPG

DSCN2684.JPG

DSCN2683.JPG

DSCN2682.JPG

DSCN2689.JPG

DSCN2691.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

Nice work!  very clean!  You can make your own brick using the foam board you have...soak in a bath tub, peel off the paper...take a pencil or something of the sorts and a straight edge and press a little while making your lines...paint and glue to something sturdy. It actually makes for very nice real looking brick. Anyways great job!

21 hours ago, bill lanfear said:

Nice work!  very clean!  You can make your own brick using the foam board you have...soak in a bath tub, peel off the paper...take a pencil or something of the sorts and a straight edge and press a little while making your lines...paint and glue to something sturdy. It actually makes for very nice real looking brick. Anyways great job!

Thanks for the tip, I might just try that.