Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Chevy Street Machine

3 hours ago, young_model_builder said:

A simple street machine build that I am doing. Should be a pretty cool car once finished. 

IMG_20180626_173211.jpg

Have fun with that bad boy !  I've built countless numbers of this kit ( which was an old kit  when was your age ! ) , none of which survive . Matter of fact , the last one that I built was finished in 'Hot Rod Grey' Primer with a crimson red interior (the 1987 Whittier Earthquake destroyed it ) .

Keep on keepin' on , man !

Edited by 1972coronet
Freudian Slip

36 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Have fun with that bad boy !  I've built countless numbers of this kit ( which was an old kit  when was your age ! ) , none of which survive . Matter of fact , the last one that I built was finished in 'Hot Rod Grey' Primer with a crimson red interior (the 1987 Whittier Earthquake destroyed it ) .

Keep on keepin' on , man !

Thank you! Sucks to hear your models didn't make it, they sound like they were very cool. 

Will be watching this one come together.  My first car was a '56 210 Chevy with a 235 six cylinder and three on the tree.  I lined up a 'reworked' 283 but my father in his better judgement would not allow me to buy it.  And as the others have said the '56 IS the prettiest tri-five.

I like so many others like the '56 model Chevy as the best of the Tri-Fives. This kit has a lot of parts that should go a long way toward building a Gasser. The only short comings with this kit is the some what distorted body proportions, but I have seen many other builders overcome this and build great looking models as I'm sure you will also. Look forward to following your build.  

• 1 month later...