Model Cars Magazine Forum
young_model_builder

'55 Chevy Gasser Blashemi

A basic 1955 Chevy gasser that I am doing. Going to be almost all box stock except for the motor. The kit one is way to small so I am going to upgrade, don't know what to yet but something with a blower. It should be a cool gasser once done. 

IMG_20180626_180202_375.jpg

Edited by young_model_builder

13 hours ago, young_model_builder said:

A basic 1955 Chevy gasser that I am doing. Going to be almost all box stock except for the motor. The kit one is way to small so I am going to upgrade, don't know what to yet but something with a blower. It should be a cool gasser once done. 

Unless I'm mistaken that's a Monogram kit in 1/24. If so I recommend the big blocks from the Monogram '39 Chevys. The coupe comes with a blower and the sedan delivery with a tunnel ram. Both with dual quads. Either would be appropriate for a gasser. 

4 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Unless I'm mistaken that's a Monogram kit in 1/24. If so I recommend the big blocks from the Monogram '39 Chevys. The coupe comes with a blower and the sedan delivery with a tunnel ram. Both with dual quads. Either would be appropriate for a gasser. 

You are correct it is 1/24. Thanks for the recommendation, I will go check those kits out.

Ok, I have thought up of a plan after watching some Roadkill. I am going to replicate Blasphemi just because that car is awesome and it would be fun to make chevy fans mad. 

Good Idea... I'm a Chevy guy... well mostly. I love what Finnegan did to the 55! that thing is Awesome!  

Monogram 65 vette has a nice big block engine, one of the better in 1/24, and comes in stock and street machine versions. Cool project; 55 gassers are timeless.