Model Cars Magazine Forum

Workbench - New Ford F-100

Hi all, I'm still learning, still clumsy with my glue application and always seem to stuff up something with the glass but hey, I'm enjoying it! Whole kit was completed in a day...found some time and went full speed.

Monogram 55 Ford F100. Matt black & Cherry red. Still not sure if I should add the flame stickers  or do some pin-striping (somehow?) to it to finish it off I think it would also look good removing some of the back tray and lowering/adding bigger rear wheels but that's a bit out of my league at the moment.

Cheers

IMG_1745.jpg IMG_1748.jpg IMG_1749.jpg IMG_1750.jpg IMG_1752.jpg IMG_1753.jpg IMG_1754.jpg IMG_1756.jpg IMG_1757.jpg

Edited by The Dr Of Style

Sharp build. Love these trucks. As far as glue goes, you can put some on a piece of glass and use a toothpick to apply. I always use white glue on clear parts, very forgiving and dries clear. Many kits offered pinstripe decals, I have some set aside for my 53 build. Might post in the parts wanted section and see if anybody has spares.

A very good effort. A couple of things. Decals do not do well on matte paint, so I'd leave her as is. Second, as you replaced the modern intake with a triple carb setup, that big tube no longer has a function and can be omitted. Throw an air cleaner on there and call it done. Overall, I think you did very well. Looks good.

19 hours ago, Jantrix said:

A very good effort. A couple of things. Decals do not do well on matte paint, so I'd leave her as is. Second, as you replaced the modern intake with a triple carb setup, that big tube no longer has a function and can be omitted. Throw an air cleaner on there and call it done. Overall, I think you did very well. Looks good.

Yeah there were extra pieces in the kit....just didn't like the look of the big intake....I kind of like the big tube....though it is connected to nothing :)

Cheers for the feedback