Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Airfix James Bond Aston Martin DB-5

Hey everybody!, just wanted to give you a heads-up that I will be starting this very sought-after Airfix James Bond Aston Martin DB-5. Its going to be a fully detailed build....hope you will stop in to check it out!!    -thanks, Dann

au003-aston-martin-db5-bond.jpg

37109141efb715a36d75282a7459b621.jpg

I have watched you do amazing things in the Pagani but the new cars don't really appeal to me.

This however is something that I would love to see as it gets built up, I hope you cover every detail in the same way you have the Pagani, I am really excited to see your build thread!

I'll be watching this as I have the Doyusha version of this kit.  I'm not sure if I'll build mine due to the kits value.  The last time I looked, this kit was about $150 without shipping from Hong Kong.

00701.JPG

3 hours ago, mrmike said:

I'll be watching this as I have the Doyusha version of this kit.  I'm not sure if I'll build mine due to the kits value.  The last time I looked, this kit was about $150 without shipping from Hong Kong.

00701.JPG

I've built a few of those as well!!…..very nice kits, but the ride height is too high, I always lowered mine. Doyusha also makes a stock version of this kit.....it usually goes for the same price as the JB one too.

Img2010-01-08_0079.thumb.jpg.d4cea4064dbe5f20d68b633e0caa2f8c.jpg

Img2010-01-08_0082.thumb.jpg.fe1c9a02be001deaa0b1093960de987f.jpg

5 hours ago, shaunmza said:

I have watched you do amazing things in the Pagani but the new cars don't really appeal to me.

This however is something that I would love to see as it gets built up, I hope you cover every detail in the same way you have the Pagani, I am really excited to see your build thread!

Thanks, Shaun!, I sure will do it just like my Pagani!!

5 hours ago, PARTSMARTY said:

i might be wrong but i thought i just saw on a tv show that the earliest bond car was a db-4 modified to look like a db-5.Does anybody know?This will be cool Dann.

I've never heard that, Marty, but what I read, is that Aston Martin gave them two DB-5's.

Edited by Dann Tier
4 hours ago, magicmustang said:

Also have an unbuilt Airfix one. Never started due to badly tire damaged windows. Traded off my Aurora kit of one, as it was curbside. Will be watching.

Do you remember how much you paid for yours?!,  if you find an unstarted one for sale, they usually start around $430....even the partially built ones can cost around $120. ALL klear parts should be sealed by themselves!!…..I was very fortunate that the windows in my kit were not damaged at all.

56 minutes ago, magicmustang said:

My records show I bought the Airfix 007 Aston Martin DB-5 for $79 off Ebay in Jan, 2000. Nice kit, love all the spy equipment. Sold the Aurora kit for $90 in 2010.

Scan0053 (1).jpg

WOW!!!!!, and I thought my price was a deal!!!!!......nice job!!  -I was not expecting this kit to be as nice, AND as detailed as it is......its THE best kit of this car out there -by far!!!!!

1 hour ago, espo said:

I'll enjoy watching this build. Now I want one also, but its above my pay grade.

Thanks, its gonna be fun!!!......all sorts of collectors are cringing right now....."You're not suppose to build it!!…...its rare!!!".....lmao!!!

12 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, its gonna be fun!!!......all sorts of collectors are cringing right now....."You're not suppose to build it!!…...its rare!!!".....lmao!!!

I'm with you. I just finished a Datsun 510 in the BRE livery from 1978. That is a neat kit and I'm not an Import type builder.

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Airfix James Bond Aston Martin DB-5