Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell red/white/blue 53 Chevy Panel

dragmodels44

While waiting for the 283 parts pack for my MAG dragster, I wanted to do remake of my 53 Chevy Panel that’s been sitting. While looking through posts of other build I saw this oldie but goodie that reminded me of one I did as a kid. Remember the Revell red/white/blue 53 Panel truck?

I’d finished it, but the body was flat black, like the gasser hot rods in primer. I saw someones red/white/blue 53 and thought how cool it’d be to have that one, especially since the 4th is here. Here’s some pics. Thanks for looking.

E42ECCC5-8CDE-4127-9EDA-A828F60777D1.jpeg

DDAA02BF-523A-4158-BA5B-F4C24E98CDF6.jpeg

B1E2DC7A-6544-4F36-A157-BB1DC486E5CB.jpeg

1249DC5F-97F8-4213-B559-E5D145FEFB61.jpeg

94392F70-4722-467A-86A3-994AA867666B.jpeg

Thanks! I used the model masters lacquers, star spangled blue, reving red and white lightening, then added a little house of kolors pearl flake to the clear. I had to use the stars from the Glidden monza decals as I couldn’t find any stars let alone bigger ones.

Edited by dragmodels44
Spelling error

I think this kit was patterned after a 1:1 Gasser from that era. I remember seeing a 1:1 Chevy Panel Gasser with that paint job many years ago, hard to forget that look.  I like how yours is turning out.