Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Reventon...onto the body

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!, This is my Fujimi Lamborghini Reventon build......obviously...lol,  Even though its only a curbside, I will be detailing the interior to make it look like the real car, since things are missing, or not done right. I even have a technique that replicates Lamborghinis special leather called; Alcantara. I will also show how I take a one-piece engine, and still make it look convincingly real. Hope you enjoy!

ru0GUG7.jpg

8411_26110753905.jpg

I rarely do what the instructions tell me, and this time is no different, so I will be starting with the interior...I had to make a handle on the center column that was missing, as well as triangular holes in the seats corners. O the dash, there was an open space in the handle that needed to be filled, so I shaped some styrene strip, and glued it in. Using Plasti Zap, I filled sink holes in the interior tub, and the headrests of the seats...

DSCF5990.JPG

DSCF5991.JPG

DSCF5994.JPG

DSCF5996.JPG

DSCF6012.JPG

DSCF6014.JPG

DSCF6001.JPG

DSCF6003.JPG

DSCF6004.JPG

DSCF6005.JPG

DSCF6006.JPG

DSCF6008.JPG

22 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

Ooooh, I'm liking this. This is one of my favorite "supercars." Going to do the silver/gray color as pictured?

Thanks, Rusty!, the first photo is gonna be the kolor, yes. I think it looks better than the traditional Matte Grey.

Got another interior update here; Made a template for the firewall padding, cut out the slides for the seatbelt adjusters, cut the seatbelt slots out, and got rid of those molded-in peddles!!  -Next step will be Scratchbuilding the correct peddles, and kleaning everything up for paint!

DSCF6015.JPG

DSCF6016.JPG

DSCF6026.JPG

DSCF6021.JPG

DSCF6023.JPG

DSCF6024.JPG

DSCF6025.JPG

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:47 PM, FabbricaP said:

Coming along nicely Dann, looking forward to this one. Btw, what thickness is that sheet styrene you’re using? 

Thanks, Jason!!, I cant really remember...lol, I will get back to you on that.

23 minutes ago, da_ashman said:

Looking good!!! Love the Reventon, I'm planning on building another now that you can get the special colour used (last time i settled for a NFS police version), so watching closely!!!

Thanks, Ashley!, I've got some neat techniques for this one!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Lamborghini Reventon...onto the body