Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Reventon...onto the body

Dann Tier

• Dann Tier changed the title to Lamborghini Reventon...how i replicate Alcantera leather!

Okay, everyone, as promised, heres how I replicate Lamborghinis Alcantera leather......

-Photo 2; I chose to scrape white calk with a blade, then used an old brush that I chopped short to make it stiffer.

-Photo 3; Here you can see how I dabbed it on.....it needs to be a bit heavier than what you want, since the flat clear will cause some of it to disappear.

-Photo 4; This is what it will look like after you seal it in with flat clear.....I used Tamiya brand.

-Photo 5; Heres the comparison with the painted kit seat.

images.jpg

DSCF6749.JPG

DSCF6750.JPG

DSCF6751.JPG

DSCF6752.JPG

6 hours ago, Codi said:

Dann, you're appealing to all of my scratch-building hot buttons.  That's a great tip you shared and love the way you tackled it.  Keep it up sir.  cheers

Thanks, Tim!!...glad you're liking it!...its a fun build. Within the next day or so, I will mask-off the Alcantera parts, a spray the satin leather kolor.

• Dann Tier changed the title to Lamborghini Reventon...how i replicate Alcantera leather
41 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

You dabbed it on with that chopped paint brush in the photo?  Anything specific about the chalk?  That is about as close a look of ALcantara that I have seen.  I have been mist spraying a light color from a distance to get the effect, but it is too regular.

Thanks, Gerry!, theres nothing really special about the chalk, its artist's chalk from Hobby Lobby. I did dab it on with the chopped brush in the photo.

18 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

Since I have this kit, will lurk and learn.

Does the chalk suck up the paint, so it remains really dull?

That's what i'm here for, bud!, to help. I dab it on a little heavy, because the clear will soak some up, but not too bad. Remember to hit the part with twp light coats from 12" away.

• Dann Tier changed the title to Lamborghini Reventon...New update!

Well, its coming together now, just got done masking, and painting the gray leather, next will be the CF accents, switches, buckles, and something new for the headrests, since the masking pulled off one of the decals...….a bummer, but no worries, I have a fix. The Alcantera was a bit of a bugger to do on the steering wheel, but after my 2nd attempt, I was happy with it.

DSCF6822.JPG

DSCF6823.JPG

DSCF6824.JPG

DSCF6825.JPG

DSCF6826.JPG

DSCF6827.JPG

DSCF6828.JPG

DSCF6829.JPG

DSCF6832.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Lamborghini Reventon...on to the wheels!
  • Dann Tier changed the title to Lamborghini Reventon...onto the body