Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Dann Tier

Lamborghini Reventon...onto the body

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, afx said:

Looks like another great project Dann.

Thanks, JC!, its one of my favorite Lamborghinis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dino246gt said:

Nice work so far! I just love making kit parts look better, and adding extras, keep posting, it's inspiring!

Thanks, Dennis!, so do I!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Your eye for detail is second to none!

 

Watching for sure.

 

Thanks, Dan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Funkychiken said:

Gonna be another great one!

Thanks, Atin!....its actually a fun one too...so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work!  Sometimes it's hard to believe that Fujimi and Aoshima are Japanese brands due to the carelessness coming through the kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Samuel S said:

Great work!  Sometimes it's hard to believe that Fujimi and Aoshima are Japanese brands due to the carelessness coming through the kit.

Thanks, Samuel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TKO Exacutioner said:

Really nice start, I'm looking forward to following this!

Thanks, Justin!..just about to post another update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I was only able to get a couple things done, due to the fact that i'm working on seven models at once...lol. Today I decided that i'm going to work on each one for no more than two hours, then move through the group as I go......kinda like speed-dating...lol  -Here I managed to get a good start on those embarrassing molded-in pedals...they had to go!, besides, they were totally wrong anyway!  The gas peddle will stick-up out of that box I made.

DSCF6077.JPG

DSCF6079.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got some more work done today!;

-Photo 1; I had to cut off the lower part of the paddles, because the real car didn't have them. Srange thing to have to do....

-Photo 4; I had to etch a seam line across the top of the dash, as it is on the real deal.

-Photo 5; Since the doors open, I needed to etch-in the seam lines on the sides of the dash.

-Photo 6; Fortunately enough for me, the buckles from a Fujimi Countach kit provded what I needed. It my seem that i'm all about scratchbuilding, but i'd rather NOT have to.

-Photo 7; Its really hard to see, but I needed to etch a stitching seam line around the shoulder pads on the door panels.

DSCF6109.JPG

DSCF6124.JPG

DSCF6125.JPG

DSCF6119.JPG

DSCF6120.JPG

DSCF6121.JPG

DSCF6123.JPG

DSCF6116.JPG

DSCF6117.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:47 PM, FabbricaP said:

Coming along nicely Dann, looking forward to this one. Btw, what thickness is that sheet styrene you’re using? 

Hey, Jason!, sorry it took so long getting back to your question. I used .015 sheet styrene to make my final firewall padding, along with a center of .010, and a pre-made strip-stock across the top. Sorry again for the delay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Hey, Jason!, sorry it took so long getting back to your question. I used .015 sheet styrene to make my final firewall padding, along with a center of .010, and a pre-made strip-stock across the top. Sorry again for the delay.

Thanks Dann!, interior is looking great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome job on the scratch building and I get you on not wanting to scratch build parts but it seems as though in the model car building world we are never satisfied with the parts that come with the kit.

Looks Awesome !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Metalmad said:

Awesome job on the scratch building and I get you on not wanting to scratch build parts but it seems as though in the model car building world we are never satisfied with the parts that come with the kit.

Looks Awesome !

Thanks, Seth!, you are right, I have an inability to "settle" for things...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FabbricaP said:

Thanks Dann!, interior is looking great

Jason, I did it again, I was wrong, the main styrene used was .020...…..sorry, AGAIN     lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Dann, great build so far, and always love the extra details you put in! What are you using to etch? Are you using a recipricating rool, a vibrating tool, or manually with a blade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate you taking the time and effort to share your techniques to enhance these builds Dann.  There a great "how-to" for these kits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Jason, I did it again, I was wrong, the main styrene used was .020...…..sorry, AGAIN     lol

Haha thanks Dann, i'll keep that in mind next time I need to do some interior detailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

Hey Dann, great build so far, and always love the extra details you put in! What are you using to etch? Are you using a recipricating rool, a vibrating tool, or manually with a blade?

Thanks Atin!, here are my preferred tools for etching/ scribbing; For this build, I started off with two scores with my blade ( first pass is light, second pass is a little harder, then I follow it up with a tempered steel point put in my pin vise. these tools I use for fine lines, the last tool I use is a Bare Metal Foil scribber that I use for standard seam lines.

DSCF6126.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, Dann Tier said:

Thanks Atin!, here are my preferred tools for etching/ scribbing; For this build, I started off with two scores with my blade ( first pass is light, second pass is a little harder, then I follow it up with a tempered steel point put in my pin vise. these tools I use for fine lines, the last tool I use is a Bare Metal Foil scribber that I use for standard seam lines.

 

Got a whole process going on! I have NEVER managed to scribe with a blade without scribing where I don't want to, then it's fill and sand - & I end up loosing detail, not adding... maybe you have the light touch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Funkychiken said:

Got a whole process going on! I have NEVER managed to scribe with a blade without scribing where I don't want to, then it's fill and sand - & I end up loosing detail, not adding... maybe you have the light touch...

I only use the blade to make a channel for the other tools to follow. Sometimes I overscore, but I use a special tool to apply a very thin amount of super glue to fill in the scratch.....BARELY any sanding to make it disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gt fan said:

Love the interior work . Off to a great start. 

Thanks, Tim!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...