Model Cars Magazine Forum

Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...Mission Statement

Dann Tier

6 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

Dann, I can't comment on your military service, however I can comment on your service to the kit building community - and it is excellent, you inspire, so we are all glad your better half and verboten you to sell your kits... thanks!

Thank you, Atin!!, I'm VERY glad to Return the inspiration....many of you all help me as well, so thanks, bud!!

I didn't check on this WIP for some time. Somehow I mostly miss this as it is not in the "workbench" section...

Dann, your progress is looking real great. You are really doing the big scale the justice that it deserves.

On 20.10.2018 at 3:13 PM, Funkychiken said:

Dann, I can't comment on your military service, however I can comment on your service to the kit building community - and it is excellent, you inspire, so we are all glad your better half and verboten you to sell your kits... thanks!

And I can only fully agree to that. Dann, your great WIP's and the advice that you unselfishly share in order to help others are MUCH APPRECIATED!

On 22.10.2018 at 12:19 AM, Dann Tier said:

NICE!!, but I really hate those U.S. bumpers!

Your words, my thoughts! The front bumpers are even more ugly on a Countach... :o

Love the dark purple Diablo in the background though...

6 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

I didn't check on this WIP for some time. Somehow I mostly miss this as it is not in the "workbench" section...

Dann, your progress is looking real great. You are really doing the big scale the justice that it deserves.

And I can only fully agree to that. Dann, your great WIP's and the advice that you unselfishly share in order to help others are MUCH APPRECIATED!

Your words, my thoughts! The front bumpers are even more ugly on a Countach... :o

Love the dark purple Diablo in the background though...

Thanks, bud!!, I don't mind sharing stuff......we should all help each other out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dann Tier changed the title to Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...back to work
  • Dann Tier changed the title to Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...FINALLY, a new update!

Hey, everyone!, heres a long needed update. I have everything done on the interior, except for the guage cluster, floormats, and Alpine stereo.

-Photo 1; I'm probably gonna upset somebody with this, but i'm here to help people be as realistic as possible, and those aftermarket, really woven seatbelts are anything BUT realistic. They still aren't right for this 1/12 kit, let alone 1/24. For this scale, I found that this knee-patch material is the perfect scaled weave. it is thin, cuts without fraying, is self-adhesive, and can be painted with acrylic paints without hiding the weave, leaving strokes, or cracking when manipulating. With this photo, you can compare the patch material, with the aftermarket (red) offering. If you shrank yourself down to your models size, the aftermarket belts would look as if your Grandmother knitted them out of yarn.

-Photo 3; I added the ignition switch.

-Photo 5; The multi-piece buckles that I SB, really worked a treat!

-Photo 6; Here I SB an often forgotten detail.....the accelerator peddle wear plate.

-Photo 7; My SB footrail fit perfectly.

50337639_533064770547191_7913595487624626176_n.jpg

50480753_533064807213854_5736228006934872064_n.jpg

50730784_533064400547228_4435409758756798464_n.jpg

50408659_533064473880554_1667950570876436480_n.jpg

50595988_533064653880536_7004096146486329344_n.jpg

49339599_533064590547209_2060832291961176064_n.jpg

50420066_533064523880549_1063780832767901696_n.jpg

Edited by Dann Tier

4 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

I am not upset, I am in full agreement on the seat belt material Dann.  The patch material sounds great and being self adhesive is a real bonus.

I'm glad that you're not, bud! Maybe i'm wrong about thinking that the people who use aftermarket parts actually want realism....its just a shame that many have been duped into believing that nothing is as realistic as PE detail parts, or these seatbelts. Certain aftermarket parts do play a valuable role, but ALOT of them actually kill the realism.

• Dann Tier changed the title to Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...SB Alpine stereo

I decided to replicate an Alpine CD stereo, which is the favorite in these cars. 

-Photo 1; The boxes of our gym equipment were wrapped with these transluscent green straps, and I told myself that I should save some of it for modeling.....i'm glad I did! First step was to cut-out the stereo, then I fine-sanded it because the buttons on the stereo weren't as glossy...

-Photo 2; Time to draw the masked parts...

-Photo 3; I masked-off the buttons, radio screen, CD ejection button, as well as the slot for the discs.

-Photo 4; It was now time to add some PE details. 1/24 PE door switches worked excellent for the various black buttons...

-Photo 5; I sprayed it up using Tamiya Flat Black, followed by Krylon Matt Clear Acrylic.

-Photo 6; It was time to make the glowing buttons, and the best thing for this was the same high-gloss acitate that I use for my guage lenses. I left it high-gloss for the stereo screen, but for the other buttons, I sanded them, which gave them the right sheen, as well as softer glow-look.

-Photo 7; All the bits being added...

-Photo 8; As you can see, it turned out pretty good!....you can see all the proper sheen differences, and even though I used Tamiya Flat Black spray over the whole thing, I still added Tamiyas brush-on Flat Clear to the black buttons, and knob, because they needed a slightly different black look.

DSCF7574.JPG

DSCF7577.JPG

DSCF7578.JPG

DSCF7579.JPG

DSCF7580.JPG

DSCF7582.JPG

DSCF7584.JPG

DSCF7586.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...SB floor mats
  • Dann Tier changed the title to Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...Mission Statement