Model Cars Magazine Forum

Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...Mission Statement

Dann Tier

Finally had a little bit of time to get some decent work done.

-Photo 1; I detailed the oil cooler.

-Photo 2; Notice how the excess of superglue to adhere the wire around the blower duct helps create a more realistic look.

I'm almost ready to post another update with the wiring done.

DSCF9979.JPG

DSCF9980.JPG

DSCF9981.JPG

DSCF9982.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Your excellent work on this continues! All these changes and attention to detail are very effective.

Thanks alot, Bud!....i got back into the zone yesterday, and i'm almost done with the wiring harnesses. I'm gonna try to install them, and post photos some time today....thanks for following!

Hey, everyone!, it looks like the bonnet compartment is done for now, all the rest of the details can, or will be added after the body is put on.....time to get back to the engine area!

-Photo 2&3; If you are familiar with this kit, then you know that these areas lacked realistic details, so i fixed it with styrene bolts.

-Photo 4; here is the SB climate control valve unit tucked in.

DSCF9983.JPG

DSCF9984.JPG

DSCF9985.JPG

DSCF9986.JPG

DSCF9987.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 4:23 AM, Pete75 said:

Took a while catching up with this one - just mind blowing!! ? I kept finding myself laughing because it's beyond anything I could imagine. Twice the normal size & twice the inspiration!

LOL....thanks alot, Bud....i'm glad you're enjoying it!

On 10/3/2020 at 8:24 PM, Madhatter said:

As always Dann, your work is extraordinary! Can't wait to see this completed. Between this and Kong's amazing targa version, I am now looking for a Countach kit. I shouldn't visit these sites as they are a constant source of funds loss ;)

Thanks, Bud!, i cant beleive how much these kits are selling for -i've seen a couple here for around $1, 700.00!....they can be found for $350 or so once in a while. If it wasnt for a friend giving this one to me, i wouldnt be able to get one.

• 1 month later...

Hey, everyone!, i was gonna get back to the engine, but now i have this urge to work on the brakes, and finish the wheels so that i can attach them. I have o pretty decent update coming later today, but heres a small one concerning the front end. Most people use the tie-down straps for their spare tyres -not me, i wanted something different, so i went the mounting bracket way.

DSCF0108.JPG

DSCF0107.JPG

• Like 1

After i clean up all these bits, i can paint, and attach them!! Its amazing what low-tech styrene can accomplish...stock, 80's kit caliper on the far left, and my SB bits for the rest. Like the rest of the build, i upgraded the braking system with 3-pot...carbon ceramic HP bits.

-Photo 1; Front brakes, and mocked up lines. I also came up with a way that allows me to take the wheels on, and off while i continue to detail things.

-Photo 2; Like above; stock 80's calipers far left.

-Photo 3-8; I couldnt resist a mockup, lol.

DSCF0143.JPG

DSCF0144.JPG

DSCF0136.JPG

DSCF0137.JPG

DSCF0138.JPG

DSCF0140.JPG

DSCF0141.JPG

DSCF0142.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, everyone!, The wheels and brakes are all painted, and ready to be decaled, and detailed!

-Photo 1; Back row...begining stage of carbon ceramic rotors. Middle row...the calipers turned out just as i hoped, and will look spot-on after decals, and detailing. Front row...spindle pegs all awaiting the center cap decals.

-Photo 2; The customizing of the wheels is complete!...the two rear ones fought me all day though. Next Will be OZ decals, followed by clear coat...and valve stems.

-Photo 3; Got the space saver spare in, but i think i will change the kolor of the Y-bolt.

DSCF0164.JPG

DSCF0165.JPG

DSCF0166.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Like 1