Model Cars Magazine Forum

Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...Mission Statement

Dann Tier

On 8/22/2023 at 11:17 AM, mustang1989 said:

Good LORD man!!! You've been busy on this one recently...that's for DANG sure!! Great to see you back Dann as you've been missed buddy!! 

Thanks, Bud!, i really appreciate that...its good to hear from all of you as well!

Hey, everyone, i have some more progress to show here...

-Photo 1; Using another trick like with the drivers door, i use pins to slide up so that the hinges will more closely resemble the real thing when visible.

DSCF0740.JPG

DSCF0736.JPG

DSCF0738.JPG

DSCF0739.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Like 1

I dont know about anybody else, but this kits interior tubs bottom was arched a bit, which wouldnt allow it to fit properly, so i came up with a few things to fix the issue.

-Photo 1; After sanding flat the interior tub tabs, i glued strips of styrene to the body section in order to sandwich the interior tabs into a definite location.

-Photo 2; It worked brilliantly, and is VERY solid.

-Photo 3; You can see the sandwich.

-Photo 4; I removed any molded in tub locaters, because the warping wasnt allowing them to line up...they werent needed anymore anyway. You can also see another view of the tab.

-Photo 5; Here you can also see where i had to notch things earlier to fit the tub to the body.

DSCF0741.JPG

DSCF0742.JPG

DSCF0743.JPG

DSCF0744.JPG

DSCF0745.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Like 1

If it freaks you out, or like me, you just get tired of flexing the body every time you have to test fit something, then this next bit i did will interest you.

-Photo 1; I decided to hack off the entire back end of the fender wells. Now the body comes on and off easily.

-Photo 2-3; The hack job is totally covered, and even though you wont be able to see it anyway, all the electronics will hide the not so factory mod.

-Photo 4; It all lines up the kit way again.

-Photo 5; I'm gonna have to make wheel spacers since the tyres are slightly, but just too close together.

DSCF0746.JPG

DSCF0747.JPG

DSCF0748.JPG

DSCF0749.JPG

DSCF0750.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Like 2

I'm literally tearing up Dan! Only my favorite car of all time being done so beautifully by you. Thank you for sharing the journey. BTW, with my tired eyes and shaky hands, I'm thinking larger scales myself. Which Countach would you recommend in something larger than 1:24?

26 minutes ago, ea0863 said:

I'm literally tearing up Dan! Only my favorite car of all time being done so beautifully by you. Thank you for sharing the journey. BTW, with my tired eyes and shaky hands, I'm thinking larger scales myself. Which Countach would you recommend in something larger than 1:24?

Thank you so much!  It is my all-time favorite car as well. I figure after this 1/12, i will save my larger scales for when i'm older as well. For 1/16-1/12, Fujimi, Otaki, Doyusha, and Testors(Fujimi) are all my favorites.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 1:40 PM, Funkychiken said:

Dann, I've missed a lot of progreso on this,  but just caught up, it's looking amazing,  but really sorry to hear about your friend's  stage 4. All the best!

Thank you so much!, i've decided to call it the Reinert Countach in his memory. Somehow i will have his signature on the car -like Horacio did to his Pagani's.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 6:32 PM, Dann Tier said:

Got a few more things done today; seat brackets, adjustment levers ,and the shoulder tie-down loops for the seat belts.

DSCF6095.JPG

DSCF6096.JPG

DSCF6097.JPG

DSCF6098.JPG

OMG Dann, your level of detail is off the hook. I don't think I've ever seen seat adjustment levers on a model before, and I can literally smell the leather already! :) 

• Haha 1

Hey you are still in here messing about with this Bull

I am always so amazed at your abilities with styrene…bending tubes, making hinges and scratching out full parts. And then how clean it all looks, like it just belongs there with perfect edges and no schmutz of melted plastic everywhere.

I do not have that skill with styrene and have to resort to brass and other metals and it still does not look as ‘professional’ shall I say

Nice work bud