Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toyota 2000 GT

Brudda

• 4 weeks later...

Thank all of you. Some of the early cars were wire wheels. The later cars were mags. Actually the first Japanese car to have mags. The roads were so bad that all cars had steel wheels. You really had to be careful because you would bend a wire wheel on the Japanese roads during the 1960s.The kit does not come with the wire wheels. They are a $200 option on this deagostini kit. All the parts do come preprinted. But to make it better it needs some detailing. Not much but a little makes it better. The kit comes white. I changed the car to twilight turquoise to change it up. All the deagostini Toyota cars are white. They are not cheap but it is the best engineered kit I have ever done. And it was a very fun build. The kit is very heavy but strong with a lot of play factor. You have to drill and tap out holes for the suspension parts. And other things.  So it does take a little bit of skill to do it. If you just change the color to these kits it really changes them for the better. My friend Mark has the 1/8 scale Porsche Carrera. It is white but he is painting his car guards red. That will really be nice. Thank all of you for the great help and comments.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Gave the Toyota away to a friend that has cancer. He loved the model when he saw it. He is also a fellow builder but of aircraft. Award winning aircraft. But has not been able to model lately . So a great ending , and a new beginning. This is what modeling should be about. 

• 2 weeks later...