Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 confusion

Ryansrust6

This was a problem that happend when the 150 was reissued . Revell had to stop production in China, The kit's were supposed to have been pulled off the market, and at that time revell was reissuing the correct body to anyone who had bought the kit. After almost 3 Month's after that the corrected kit hit the store shelves.   The upside to having the bel-air body is you can still make a stock car out of it! As the Bel-air was used by some nascar teams while others used the 150 series .

Had the same problem and Revell replaced the body for me, so I was lucky. Also picked up one from a Hobby Shop getting ready to ship it back to Revell for a credit. I was able to buy it for something close to what Revell would give them and I got a great deal on the kit. A thought, not knowing what you were thinking of building the model as,  this would also make a great base for a Gasser with no back seat and Roll Bar with the Bel Air body. You could make a rust bucket out of it or an old clunker driver. You could still just sand off the Bel Air side trim and shorten the moldings on the top of the rear fenders so that it looks like a base 150 or a 210 body style. If you think you have a "Lemon" make Lemonade out of it.   

1 hour ago, espo said:

Had the same problem and Revell replaced the body for me, so I was lucky. Also picked up one from a Hobby Shop getting ready to ship it back to Revell for a credit. I was able to buy it for something close to what Revell would give them and I got a great deal on the kit. A thought, not knowing what you were thinking of building the model as,  this would also make a great base for a Gasser with no back seat and Roll Bar with the Bel Air body. You could make a rust bucket out of it or an old clunker driver. You could still just sand off the Bel Air side trim and shorten the moldings on the top of the rear fenders so that it looks like a base 150 or a 210 body style. If you think you have a "Lemon" make Lemonade out of it.   

Yeah, there's still a lot of good work that can be done with that kit, unless you had your heart set on a Black Widow or 150 specifically. 

I bought my first Black Widow kit at Hobby Lobby sometime around March and it didn’t have a body at all.! They were nice enough to give me the refund even at a different store outlet. I waited a few months and bought another that was just fine.

Edited by Keesee17