Model Cars Magazine Forum

hobby lobby

20 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

I defo would say badly if yer eating at Pizza Hut...LOL

Ha!  Guess I deserved that.  This was my first visit to Pizza Hut in a LONG time.  I usually hit one of the small independent pizza joints, and this town has several good ones.

I only went to PH because it's right beside the Hobby Lobby, making things quick and easy: order/pay for pizza, go next door to HL and shop, come back and pick up pizza. Done. And I agree with mikemodeler: among pizza chains, Pizza Hut is one of the best. 

14 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

Thank goodness San Diego isn't one of those places! 

I dunno. I remember one Pizza Hut in Mission Beach that was pretty awesome in 1977/78. Full menu, waitress service, table cloths, beer, and the whole 9 yards. The pizza was very good. They weren't particularly special; all Pizza Huts were that way. We did eat at that particular Pizza Hut quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, SSNJim said:

I dunno. I remember one Pizza Hut in Mission Beach that was pretty awesome in 1977/78. Full menu, waitress service, table cloths, beer, and the whole 9 yards. The pizza was very good. They weren't particularly special; all Pizza Huts were that way. We did eat at that particular Pizza Hut quite a bit.

We actually have footage of you buying pizza in '77!

Image result for saturday night fever pizza gif

42 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

Thank goodness San Diego isn't one of those places! 

Image result for lefty's pizza north park

That looks like a Chicago Deep Dish pizza! Having grown up in the 'burbs of Chicago, I got to experience lots of great thin and thick crust pizza along with deep dish. Living in North Carolina, we don't get to experience real pizza unless we have it shipped in or make the trip back home.

4 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

That looks like a Chicago Deep Dish pizza! Having grown up in the 'burbs of Chicago, I got to experience lots of great thin and thick crust pizza along with deep dish. Living in North Carolina, we don't get to experience real pizza unless we have it shipped in or make the trip back home.

My favorite kind. When we lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zachary’s was our go to pizza. I sampled Due in Chicago many years later and Zachary’s was definitely authentic. Nobody local to us makes a good deep dish pizza. 

21 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

As close as it gets here in San Diego to Chicago style, and I have eaten Deep Dish in Chicago and it is awesome! 

Image result for lefty's pizza north park

28 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

That looks like a Chicago Deep Dish pizza! 

The single best pizza I've ever had in my life was a "Chicago-style" deep-dish, but it wasn't in Chicago. (I've never been to Chicago.) 

I actually like Pizza Hut deep dish pizza, and even their thin-crust pizza (yeah I know, that is not a real pizza but it has a pretty good flavor and texture).  Make mine Super Supreme.  For chain-type pizza my favorite is Papa Gino's (probably limited to Northeast US).  I don't much care for Li'l Caesar's, Papa John's, or Dominos.  Of course I also frequent small mom and pop pizza parlors. I love New York style pizza too.  And a local Italian bakery makes sheet style pizza sold in rectangular slices. It has a nice sweet sauce.  Pizza is like art - everyone's taste is different.  :D

I live in N.W. Ind. and we have some good pizza.I lived in the burbs of Chicago for 50 plus years and my favorite pizza in the world is -VILLA NOVA-pizza in Sticney Il. right outside Chicago.In saying that we were in Bama for 2 years and probably the best pizza they had was Pizza Hut .

I was at the HL in Princeton, NJ last week- they just got about 5 Revell '70 Charger R/T's (stock kit) in. That was unexpected, as they definitely did not have them until recently, and lucky for me as I have been on the lookout for one. Otherwise, all of the markdown stuff from that store was gone (in no small part thanks to me!), and many of the stock tags on the dividers had pen markings on them that appeared to indicate that those tags would change or were discontinued.     

2 hours ago, CapSat 6 said:

they just got about 5 Revell '70 Charger R/T's (stock kit) in. That was unexpected, as they definitely did not have them until recently, and lucky for me as I have been on the lookout for one.

Wow, nice find. I would like to get my hands on one also. Hopefully they have enough stock to distribute to all stores nationwide, especially the store in Belton, Mo.!

11 hours ago, PARTSMARTY said:

You may have never had Chicago pizza-you don't know what you're missing-lol.

THIS!

:)

My job took me to Chicago once. I ended up walking the streets of Chicago on a Friday night for about an hour looking for a pizza place in 10 degree weather. Was totally worth it though. 

Also, anyone in the US can have real Chicago pizza.....sorta:

https://gio1.ultracartstore.com/2-Pizza-Pack.html

I got this as a Christmas gift once. It comes in dry ice and half baked. You bake it the rest of the way. It was *very* close to what I had in Chicago. 

Still no models at my Hobby Lobby. :-( In fact, nothing on clearance models or paints.

19 hours ago, shoopdog said:

Wow, nice find. I would like to get my hands on one also. Hopefully they have enough stock to distribute to all stores nationwide, especially the store in Belton, Mo.!

It doesn't hurt to keep looking. My guess is that maybe these were in Hobby Lobby's main warehouse somewhere and they sent them out to their stores to fill up some space? Hopefully more of those Chargers (and other recent kits) will hit the streets again!

You could always talk to somebody in a Local Hobby Lobby store- they might have a means of doing a stock transfer from store to store. Tell them there are a few of these in Princeton, NJ (how do you know? A friend in Princeton told you...), they could maybe check inventory and have it transferred to your store...  

I think their home office / warehouse is in Oklahoma City, and I think it would have to go there first, so it might take awhile. I found all of this out because I was looking for a racing set for one of my daughters for Christmas once year, and they told me they could transfer it, but it had to go to Oklahoma City first, which would take about 3 weeks. I ended up driving to another HL about 40 miles out fort the racing set instead, since it was about 2-1/2 weeks from Christmas by that point...

21 hours ago, shoopdog said:

You could try purchasing from their web site. They're still showing them as if to be in stock. I think you may be able to use the 40% coupon also.

Edited by BKF

35 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

You know, I walked every aisle in our Hobby Lobby and did not see a single pizza anywhere in the store!:huh:

me either..LOL..although when I was in California in the 60's I loved Shakeys pizza, yes I still remember the 60's...:unsure: