Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Ford C-600

I built the tractor a few  years back- it's the AMT kit, back dated to a '59 model but retrofitted with a later style Cat V8. The idea I always kept coming back to for it was to have it hooked up to a short flat bed hauling another old Ford. I piddled around with a Lindberg trailer over the course of a couple years, and got it wrapped up a few weeks back, so I had my trailer. Then the problem became what to stick on the back. After trying a few existing models and giving some thoughts to building something especially as a trailer load, I finally opted to put a '69 Ford F350 wrecker on the back. Since Mr. Jim Wolfe seems to be fond of old Fords with some backyard engineered modifications, we can assume the '69 will be his next side project. :) 

100_0636.thumb.JPG.16949edeb50165d4e1fe311805101c38.JPG

100_0637.thumb.JPG.d352bc90b2b3da575bb5eeab3d7a84c1.JPG100_0641.thumb.JPG.b5d9f1787129a120d15a51fbaa5abbb4.JPG

• Like 1

Nice low cost hauler. The dual headlights immediately set the tone for a more nostalgic era. Looks like Mr.  Wolfe bought this C series from a government auction in the late 70's showing about 20 years of oxidized original U.S Army  green paint.  

Edited by leafsprings

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

That's a very nice build Chuck. This is my take on the C-600. I used parts from a bulldozer kit and some help from Evergreen, the cable line is motorized and can lift and lower loads. The outrigging is all scatch built. It isn't built to any exact copy, it is just a build that I had fun doing.

IMG_3843.jpg

• Like 1