[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
HotRodaSaurus

Your favourite Box art

On 12/5/2017 at 7:39 AM, afx said:

Can't say I've ever seen this Palmer kit before.

Porsche356

Can't say I've ever seen this one before, either. Interesting. Is the Porsche about to hit that pole? Giving Palmer an excuse as to why their kit looks the way all Palmer kits? Bad.  

Edited by unclescott58

On 12/8/2017 at 4:32 PM, unclescott58 said:

Can't say I've ever seen this one before, either. Interesting. Is the Porsche about that pole? Giving Palmer an excuse as to why their kit looks the way all Palmer kits? Bad.  

Just an indicator of the "ugly stick" Palmer used to beat all their kits.  The stick was then passed along to Starfix.

Here's a few of my favourites that I pulled off the shelf. I know the Lindberg kits are what they are but the box art on these original issues is so nice. I'm one of those goofy individuals that likes box art and sometimes will buy a kit that I already have duplicate issues of just for the art, must be the artist in me.

IMG_20171113_023336008_1.jpg

Edited by Phirewriter

The Japanese company IMAI did some exciting box art for their 1/32 car kits.  The kits were simple curbsides, often motorized, and not so exciting once you opened the box.

imai_bat-1.jpg

imai_jb-1.jpg