Model Cars Magazine Forum

Orphaned makes, European and Asian engines by FTB

landman

9 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

At my actual pace it would take me 85 lives to make all of these...  Outstanding Pat!

8 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Love what you're building, the photos, everything. ?

Thanks guys. I am glad you are enjoying them.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Great builds again Pat!

This ongoing... collection of engines is very impressive!  Where do you find all of these?   Do you have a recycling yard (diorama) full of cars and trucks emptied from their motors?

Well done sir!!!

Merci Francis. I get most of them on eBay from breakers (those who separate a kit and sell it in pieces). I have several that are 3D printing and I have semi scartchbuilt several using junk engines.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 7:10 AM, landman said:

Exhaust turned around. I suppose the mistake came from the mind being conditioned to aim the exhaust towards the transmission.

DSC_0002 (3).JPG

You could have said it was going into a LM002. ?  Did you have fun doing the plug wires? ?  When I did the Ferrari, cheated with the tube they run through.  Like your fuel lines too.

10 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

You could have said it was going into a LM002. ?  Did you have fun doing the plug wires? ?  When I did the Ferrari, cheated with the tube they run through.  Like your fuel lines too.

Never even thought of that.As far as the plug wires go, iused a 3D printed distributor with a hollow in the center. I bunched the wires and glued them in there then I threaded them though the two little tubes. I use clear .5mm rubber cord and paint them. Glad you like it.

Edited by landman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ENGINES YEAH!!!!  They are the heart of any machine and are really an entire kit unto themselves!  Of course if you have an entire engine shop diorama it must have a great collection of motors.  Thanks landman, even the engines in the background look interesting.  I like the Chrysler turbine, GMC 6-71diesel, and the old Hit-n-Miss, even a Lincoln V12!  Snow Shoes?  For when it is too icy to drive?

Edited by Big John

6 minutes ago, Big John said:

ENGINES YEAH!!!!  They are the heart of any machine and are really an entire kit unto themselves!  Of course if you have an entire engine shop diorama it must have a great collection of motors.  Thanks landman, even the engines in the background look interesting.  I like the Chrysler turbine, GMC 6-71diesel, and the old Hit-n-Miss, even a Lincoln V12!  Snow Shoes?  For when it is too icy to drive?

Glad you liked it John.

• 5 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 5:03 PM, Big John said:

Is this more like it?

Bugatti.JPG