Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gonna but a Mercury a 1949 . Gonna drive the Mercury up and down the road

dimaxion

On 7/8/2018 at 4:50 AM, MrObsessive said:

Very nice and clean as a whistle! B)

I did one years ago in the exact same color inside and out.  Aren't these neat kits? This is one of those that no matter how many years go by, it'll still be enjoyable to build. It just never gets old!

I have to agree with Bill!  This one of my top 10 list favorite kits. Along with '49 Ford,

'40 Ford, Revellogram '70 Mustang, . . . . . I'll shut up now!!!

Yes, very nice John!!  I love it!!!!

David S. 

15 hours ago, Ballroad said:

Very nice! Neat kit, lotsa extras. Just like the one on Rebel without a Cause...

Yes  , this is why I chose to send for MCW Paint . The Mercury in 'Rebel without a cause ' caused (pun intended) this build . Thanx .. 

On 7/8/2018 at 5:50 AM, MrObsessive said:

Very nice and clean as a whistle! B)

I did one years ago in the exact same color inside and out.  Aren't these neat kits? This is one of those that no matter how many years go by, it'll still be enjoyable to build. It just never gets old!

You made an exact replica of a 1:1 Bill . I am detail orentated too . Will you post your copy ? Thanx ..  

3 hours ago, dimaxion said:

You made an exact replica of a 1:1 Bill . I am detail orentated too . Will you post your copy ? Thanx ..  

Here ya go! ;)

P4063822-vi.jpg
P4063810-vi.jpg
P4063812-vi.jpg

I got the engine color wrong on it (was replicating a restored car), but besides a couple added details for the engine, this was built pretty much out of the box, and was the subject of a basic building thread years ago.