Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Windsor Ontario

Hi all. Been checking out the forums for quite a while now, finally signed up. So many great builders here. I got back into the hobby a couple of years ago after a 20+ year hiatus. I restarted with a fleet of about 25 aircraft that I scored in an estate sale, then moved away from the wingy thingies and onto cars which I love building. The more I build the more I miss my old stash of about 300 cars and a ton o' parts. Sold when the family started. Time to start a new stash I guess.

I must admit though, I was a little sticker shocked when I walked back into my LHS. I remember $8 kits and $.99 paints lol. The store hasn't changed though. The train set is the same etc and the memories of riding there on my bike after collecting from my paper route to buy a new kit was just great.

Tried getting my kids into it but they live with mom and got raised on video games and cell phones. (you would think the 'head down generation' would take naturally to staring at the work bench but alas, the instant gratification is not there). I'll get a few pics up soon.

WELCOME ED,  WE MEET ON THE 3RD FRIDAY OF THE MONTH, ON THE "OTHER "SIDE OF THE BRIDGE, AT THE DEARBORN ICE SKATING CLUB, 2ND FLOOR FROM 7PM-9PM. THIS IS YOUR INVITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PAUL (FROM THE DOWNRIVER MODEL CAR CLUB.)

• 3 weeks later...