Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eleanor

That's... kinda harsh, ain't it? Granted, USCP is bigger than the average resin caster so expectations are on a high bar but... still, if that's the mentality to roll with, then why make anything if someone's achieved greatness once before and discontinued it? I'm just glad they're being made, USCP's been doing quality work so I don't expect it to be anything half-assed even if it isn't decked with a lot of parts and PE parts.

Edited by echoxrayniner

1 hour ago, echoxrayniner said:

That's... kinda harsh, ain't it? Granted, USCP is bigger than the average resin caster so expectations are on a high bar but... still, if that's the mentality to roll with, then why make anything if someone's achieved greatness once before and discontinued it? I'm just glad they're being made, USCP's been doing quality work so I don't expect it to be anything half-assed even if it isn't decked with a lot of parts and PE parts.

I am sure you are more familar with their products and perhaps that is a test shot.  I agree since there is a market for this product they will have no problem selling them.  The term knock off could end being a compliment if the quality is as you say.  It would be nice for someone to review one of the first ones available.

3 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

They are probably unrelated; the Scale Productions one was for use with the AMT '67 and the USCP is for the Revell '68.    I thought about getting Greg Wann's version, I may just get the Greenlight die cast. 

My question is that the USCP is listed as 1/24 Scale and has the dash shown. No need to cast the dash if you are using the Revell 68 but that is 1/25. The 1/24 kits are the 70 Mach 1, 70 Boss 302, 70 Boss 429, and the 65 and 66 Mustangs. 

Scale Productions is an awesome kit and I wish it was still available as it was worth every penny. I bought a few myself. Greg Wanns is available and much cheaper but does not have the photo etch and decals and some other parts. Both of them work with the AMT 67 Shelby and that kit is great. 

67 Eleanor 1a.JPG

67 Eleanor 1b.JPG

I have the Scale Production kit, and judging from the pics of the USCP kit, they have absolutely nothing in common... One useful thing that the USCP kit has, and the SP one doesn't is the exhaust assembly...

To my eye, this looks like a nice enough kit, but I'd still probably prefer the Scale Production one, if for no other reason then for the PE set... The Scale production kit does get rereleased in a fairly limited edition every once in a blue moon… I wouldn't be surprised if it popped up again at some point ;) 

Both look decent to me. If there isn't at least a little improvisation, what's the fun in it? Although I have to say, I do like working in 1/25 scale better, so that makes it a little less likely I'll buy the USCP one. And it seems a little pricey to me, but I'm cheap. If anything, I'll probably model and 3D print my own. Might put it up on shapeways, if I ever get to it.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:21 PM, Rob Hall said:

They are probably unrelated; the Scale Productions one was for use with the AMT '67 and the USCP is for the Revell '68.    I thought about getting Greg Wann's version, I may just get the Greenlight die cast. 

I bought Greg Wann's casting a couple years ago. I got as far as painting the body before I got distracted by something else. I don't know where he got the master, but I can say it was excellent. A couple small pinholes and that was it. It isn't as all encompassing parts-wise as the Scale Production one, but still great!

On 16/07/2018 at 8:17 AM, oldcarfan said:

I bought Greg Wann's casting a couple years ago. I got as far as painting the body before I got distracted by something else. I don't know where he got the master, but I can say it was excellent. A couple small pinholes and that was it. It isn't as all encompassing parts-wise as the Scale Production one, but still great!

Greg Wang's Eleanor is a recast of the Scale Productions Eleanor less the good bits & how do I know this? I had both & all's Greg did was remove the SP name from the inside otherwise the castings were identical. I posted pics awhile back on another tread here on the forum. 

On 17-7-2018 at 5:58 AM, Yahshu said:

Greg Wang's Eleanor is a recast of the Scale Productions Eleanor less the good bits & how do I know this? I had both & all's Greg did was remove the SP name from the inside otherwise the castings were identical. I posted pics awhile back on another tread here on the forum. 

Is this real?