[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Casey

1/25 AMT Snap Fit 1980 Toyota 4x4 Pickup

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Round2 is really digging deep into the Lesney era snap kit tooling inventory. :)

5b43e321db5b8_ROUND2-AMT1114M1980ToyotaHilux.jpg.678cc648284fafe4f99d9219a3e935f9.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Casey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good. Hopefully they get to the 1/32 big rig range 

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they rereleasing it!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pulled one of my original, factory sealed ones out and started building my “dream truck” from high school! It will be painted exactly like the one in my pics. Lots of work already in it. Opened the hood, grafted the engine/engine bay from a MPC Toyota long bed pickup, completely redid the interior. Made the steering work. Lots of body work correcting flaws, sanded off the side marker lights so I can replace them with photo etch/ red- amber resin lights. The six hole factory wheels and tires are being 3D printed. The paint codes were sent to Jameston and Scale Finishes to produce the exact colors. Etc. etc.

http://public.fotki.com/lotso/81-toyota-4wd-picku/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always liked the early Toyota Pickups and will be getting one of these when they come out.

 

Question- Does this come with plastic tires or rubber tires?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Always liked the early Toyota Pickups and will be getting one of these when they come out.

 

Question- Does this come with plastic tires or rubber tires?

Hard vinyl tires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 5:37 PM, Casey said:

Round2 is really digging deep into the Lesney era snap kit tooling inventory. :)

5b43e321db5b8_ROUND2-AMT1114M1980ToyotaHilux.jpg.678cc648284fafe4f99d9219a3e935f9.jpg

Are they reissuing this kit? If so, any time frame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ben said:

Are they reissuing this kit? If so, any time frame?

Yes, look at the kit number...it falls right in line with something due within the next few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yes, look at the kit number...it falls right in line with something due within the next few months.

I’m not sure what you mean? I don’t see a kit number anywhere in your picture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ben said:

I’m not sure what you mean? I don’t see a kit number anywhere in your picture?

image.png.70bdce0566459c9c189f5ee36c529b7a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Casey said:

image.png.70bdce0566459c9c189f5ee36c529b7a.png

Ahhhh, I see it now. I have four but I’ll be getting at least two more! Love those kits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah! I have been wanting one of these for some time!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, I want to get that one for sure. They are some tough trucks in real life. Only thing that kills them is rust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2018 at 2:35 PM, Atmobil said:

Cool, I want to get that one for sure. They are some tough trucks in real life. Only thing that kills them is rust.

I’m wanting a real one myself! I’m in a Facebook group called First Gen Toyota Pickups. They have complete trucks and parts for sale on there all the time. And yes, rust is  their worst enemy. Cab, bed and frame are the worst areas.

Edited by Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I built the Revell Toyota snap kit like this a couple years ago. I'll be getting at least a couple of these!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hopefully the MPC '82 Celica isn't too far down the announcement pipeline.

Edited by RickRollerLT1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2018 at 1:07 AM, RickRollerLT1 said:

Hopefully the MPC '82 Celica isn't too far down the announcement pipeline.

Yes sir! Another of the old MPC kits I would love to build again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the box come pre-rusted from the factory, like the real thing? :P

I'll be picking one of thee up for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Does the box come pre-rusted from the factory, like the real thing? :P

I'll be picking one of thee up for sure.

I heard it includes some balsa wood to replicate the homemade flat bed as seen on most of these after a year or two:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this on the bench.

Molds look good, it has a sweet river raft too!

Tires are Goodyears, blackwall.

Will be doing a full build review after the 77 Ford Van.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 1:23 PM, hpiguy said:

I have this on the bench.

Molds look good, it has a sweet river raft too!

Tires are Goodyears, blackwall.

Will be doing a full build review after the 77 Ford Van.

You have this new reissue or an original kit from the 80’s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ben said:

You have this new reissue or an original kit from the 80’s?

The reissue. 
Just finished the 77 Cruising van reissue and will start this Toyota today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 1:23 PM, hpiguy said:

Tires are Goodyears

Goodyear Tracker A-T tires?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Guess I'll be needing one of these too.

I've been in the market for a real one for a while, but they're beginning to become "fashionable", and the prices are starting the climb into stupid territory...like the gen1 Broncos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Casey said:

Goodyear Tracker A-T tires?

Yes, Tracker A-Ts, black wall.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now