Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawas Lamborghini Miura SV....new update!

Dann Tier

Hi Dann,

I've seen this kit being done for so many times now and yet I'm sure you will add a new level of quality to it...

Very anxious to see your further process, especially the "honeycomb grille trick"... :D

Btw, isn't it strange that this type of grille is not available as separate aftermarket material in our beloved modelling scale? At least I have not found anything to this day. One could use this on several models besides the Miura, Ford GT 2016, for instance...

Edited by Tommy124

7 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Hi Dann,

I've seen this kit being done for so many times now and yet I'm sure you will add a new level of quality to it...

Very anxious to see your further process, especially the "honeycomb grille trick"... :D

Btw, isn't it strange that this type of grille is not available as separate aftermarket material in our beloved modelling scale? At least I have not found anything to this day. One could use this on several models besides the Miura, Ford GT 2016, for instance...

Thanks, Thomas!, It wont be long before I get to that Honeycomb grille, and yes, I think its Very odd/stupid that there isn't a PE part for that grill. The best PE set that I've seen...and have, is from Studio 27, but they not only lack that part, but they only give you ONE "Eye lash" headlamp base...….but you get the "lashes" for both!!?????....who does that????   I thought that maybe it was just loose in the package, or they forgot to put the other one in, but when I ordered my second set...…..it wasn't there either!!!!    I still love their PE set though.....heres what it looks like.....

S27FP2481.jpg

ST27-FP2481.jpg

48 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

I have this kit too.  I was hoping a full engine kit would show up.  Keeping an eye on this one too!

Same here, Kurt!, looks like I will have to start SB one myself, then maybe resin-cast it if anybody else wanted one.....I could build a million of these!!….its that fun of a kit!!!!

Looks great so far, I have one in progress as well. I have one of the Studio27 set as well, are you going to attempt the door vents, the kit piece is awful? One of the door vent frame on my photo-etch set broke in half on the mid seam, trying to find a replacement  from Studio27, but no response from them. Regarding the headlight ring, according to the instructions, I believe it is just a jig for setting the lashes and not meant to be used permanently, so just one included. 

25 minutes ago, Mike Chernecki said:

Looks great so far, I have one in progress as well. I have one of the Studio27 set as well, are you going to attempt the door vents, the kit piece is awful? One of the door vent frame on my photo-etch set broke in half on the mid seam, trying to find a replacement  from Studio27, but no response from them. Regarding the headlight ring, according to the instructions, I believe it is just a jig for setting the lashes and not meant to be used permanently, so just one included. 

Thanks, Mike!, I've already built a Miura with the door vents, and eyelashes......it was a pain,  so this one will NOT be having them.....I like it better this way anyway.....a bit of Jota. I will have to check-out the instructions again about that Jig thing......boy do I feel stupid......lol    -look forward to seeing yours!!

As always, great stuff going on here, Dann!  Always a pleasure watching your builds come to life.  I do have a question regarding Hasegawa's Miura kits.  Are they all the same?  I'm referring to the kits that list the chassis number on the box art.  Hope that makes sense.  Thanks!

Blimey Dan, you set yourself high standards, don't you?

Your previous build looks bang-on! 

And that paint....! Fantastic finish. Looks 1:1

so, if this next build is going to be an improvement on that, I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

I don't usually build anything that I can't alter in some way. Box stock leaves me cold. BUT, having seen what a beautiful model this kit builds into, I'm very tempted to see what I could do with it.

I got to sit in one of these, at a posh event last summer. Stunning car. You can see where modern Lamborghinis get the hexagon theme from. And to think this car was originally sketched out by a teenager!! Amazing!

Hi Dann,

On 7.9.2018 at 6:04 PM, Dann Tier said:

The best PE set that I've seen...and have, is from Studio 27, but they not only lack that part, but they only give you ONE "Eye lash" headlamp base...….but you get the "lashes" for both!!?????....who does that????  

unbelievable! I have that same PE set...

But then again, this build is about the Miura SV, and the SV (unlike the "normal" Miura) did NOT have those eye lashes. So they shouldn't be required anyway, or am I mistaken...?

Looking good Dann. That single eyelash headliight backing PE part is really odd. Guess somebody at Studio27 messed up.The PE set looks excellent otherwise. If those little PE parts above the badges are louver vents the Miura is shooting up a couple places on my build list lol! 

Edited by FabbricaP

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:46 AM, Nacho Z said:

As always, great stuff going on here, Dann!  Always a pleasure watching your builds come to life.  I do have a question regarding Hasegawa's Miura kits.  Are they all the same?  I'm referring to the kits that list the chassis number on the box art.  Hope that makes sense.  Thanks!

Hey, John!, they are not exactly the same. The difference being the decals, and the fact that they are molded in the box art photos of each kolor. If it were me, i'd go for the original/red one, since it has ALOT more decal options. The other two kits have the same sparser decal sheets.  The first set is ONLY in the red box, the other two kits have the same set as this second photo....all three have the same chrome transfers.....

imagesZOWZ1Q4V.jpg

10486699b2.jpg

Thanks Dann!!  I appreciate it very much.  Thank you for taking the time to not only answer my question but for taking the time to take pictures of the different sheets.  You went above and beyond!  I have always liked this car, not super hot on it but liked it.  Seeing various builds of Hasegawa's kit and your resounding endorsement of said kit, I can't help but wanting to get one.  The information you just provided helps in my decision of which one to pick up.

Thanks again!!

15 minutes ago, Nacho Z said:

Thanks Dann!!  I appreciate it very much.  Thank you for taking the time to not only answer my question but for taking the time to take pictures of the different sheets.  You went above and beyond!  I have always liked this car, not super hot on it but liked it.  Seeing various builds of Hasegawa's kit and your resounding endorsement of said kit, I can't help but wanting to get one.  The information you just provided helps in my decision of which one to pick up.

Thanks again!!

Glad to help, John!, its a fantastic kit!!, and I think I will start working on SB a complete engine for one, and make a mold so that I can resin cast it for whoever....

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:29 AM, geetee66 said:

Blimey Dan, you set yourself high standards, don't you?

Your previous build looks bang-on! 

And that paint....! Fantastic finish. Looks 1:1

so, if this next build is going to be an improvement on that, I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

I don't usually build anything that I can't alter in some way. Box stock leaves me cold. BUT, having seen what a beautiful model this kit builds into, I'm very tempted to see what I could do with it.

I got to sit in one of these, at a posh event last summer. Stunning car. You can see where modern Lamborghinis get the hexagon theme from. And to think this car was originally sketched out by a teenager!! Amazing!

Thanks, Guy!, it would be a dream to even just see one in person!!…...I don't think anybody in Michigan could afford one...let alone drive one on our roads....it'd get swallowed up by one of our potholes!!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Hasegawas Lamborghini Miura SV....new update!