Model Cars Magazine Forum

Isdera Imperator.....98% scratch build!

Dann Tier

8 hours ago, christian-w said:

This is pretty cool! Maybe now it's a little better to get the dimensions when you have the wheels as one fix point and the seats for the interior.

It sure is, Christian!, I even have a Tamiya seated driver figure to help-out. Two days ago I got my large order of different sizes of sheet styrene in, i'm ready to go!!

5 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

Count me in, too.  I've been wanting an Imperator for years, and have almost but not quite talked myself into a full scratchbuild.  Seeing what you do here may push me one way or the other!

Thanks, Bill!  it is such a cool car!

On 7/12/2018 at 7:23 PM, Dann Tier said:

things seem to be falling in line, and if it goes as well as I plan, maybe I can find somewhere that will make all the parts in resin......if theres  people who want one.

I'd definitely want one.

I have the Road & Track Supercar issue on it.  I remember many of the interior bits were sourced from the 928.

Awesome Project Dann! My Bro Christian told about our meetingwith isdera in Person.

i always loved the Imperator, awesome timeless car. Perhaps, i must take a look around if there is a brochure from it. i thought so...

i'll watch your Progress. Awesome

8 hours ago, fumi said:

I'd definitely want one.

I have the Road & Track Supercar issue on it.  I remember many of the interior bits were sourced from the 928.

I was actually surprised about how many photos I could find on it.....even a cut-away!!

7 hours ago, Dominik said:

Awesome Project Dann! My Bro Christian told about our meetingwith isdera in Person.

i always loved the Imperator, awesome timeless car. Perhaps, i must take a look around if there is a brochure from it. i thought so...

i'll watch your Progress. Awesome

Thanks, Dominik!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Isdera Imperator.....95% Scratchbuilt!
  • Dann Tier changed the title to Isdera Imperator.....95% Scratchbuilt!....very first part glued down!!

Really interesting project build that you are putting together there Dann, and I thought I had heard of and seen just about every single motor car ever designed and produced, but I can honestly say that I have never heard of the Isdera Imperator! Certainly I shall follow the ' mostly ' scratch built model car.

David

2 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Really interesting project build that you are putting together there Dann, and I thought I had heard of and seen just about every single motor car ever designed and produced, but I can honestly say that I have never heard of the Isdera Imperator! Certainly I shall follow the ' mostly ' scratch built model car.

David

Thanks, David!, here come some more photos!

Its getting there quicker than I thought!, the door sills are the first parts that are removable so that I can have this made into a resin kit for others. For all the parts that need to be separate parts, I will do my usual, and temporarily attach them with my canopy glue, then keep moving on. This kit will feature opening doors, rear cowl, positional steering, full engine, and good solid glue-points that you don't have to wonder about.

DSCF6222.JPG

DSCF6223.JPG

DSCF6224.JPG

DSCF6225.JPG

DSCF6226.JPG

I've been doing a bit of tweaking here and there, but I did manage to get the drivers foot area finished, and both rocker panels done!....I only have to cut out the two exhaust slits on the passenger side. I think my next step will be to start building up the sides.

DSCF6227.JPG

DSCF6236.JPG

DSCF6235.JPG

DSCF6229.JPG

DSCF6234.JPG

DSCF6233.JPG

DSCF6232.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Isdera Imperator.....98% scratch built!
  • Dann Tier changed the title to Isdera Imperator.....98% scratch build!