Model Cars Magazine Forum

Isdera Imperator.....98% scratch build!

Dann Tier

2 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

I saw that one!  I think they run a version of a Mini engine, if I remember right?  Would love to see you tackle one of these (like you don’t have enough on your bench ?)

Yes they are...it wont be too far in the future that i start it...a month or two.

1 minute ago, Dann Tier said:

Yes they are...it wont be too far in the future that i start it...a month or two.

Awesome!!!

I started looking at casually collecting parts for one, but have you seen the price of a Tamiya or Revell Mini lately?  I’m thinking the Roth Surfite might be a good engine donor instead...

(Sorry for the thread hijack btw)

14 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Awesome!!!

I started looking at casually collecting parts for one, but have you seen the price of a Tamiya or Revell Mini lately?  I’m thinking the Roth Surfite might be a good engine donor instead...

(Sorry for the thread hijack btw)

Thank God i bought my Minis a loooooong time ago. I think the Lotus Super Sevens motor would work too. No problem about the hijack...its my doing too, lol

When this thread began, I figured it was a long shot that it would ever reach primer, as ultra-ambitious builds tend to get put on the back-burner. But here we are, just a few months later, and it's lookin' like a car and everything :D I've been silently cheering from the sidelines the whole time, haha. Very inspiring!

7 hours ago, Spex84 said:

When this thread began, I figured it was a long shot that it would ever reach primer, as ultra-ambitious builds tend to get put on the back-burner. But here we are, just a few months later, and it's lookin' like a car and everything :D I've been silently cheering from the sidelines the whole time, haha. Very inspiring!

Lol...thanks, bud!...i'm glad you're following too!

5 hours ago, capricorn71 said:

Hello Dann,

this is absolutely amazing. Great work. It will be a fantastic model.

Maybe in a 5 years I can catch up with mine. Somehow I have to little sparetime for this hobby. 

Greetings from Germany

Erich

Thanks, Bud!, i hope you will get more time to work on yours!, i think its so cool that we are doing the same car, but older-newer versions!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 3:48 PM, capricorn71 said:

After the summer break I was able to go ahead. 
I added the front and rear suspension as well as the tubular frame of the engine bay. 
So the chassis should be ready soon. 

Bild_000391.png

Bild_000392.png

Bild_000393.png

NICE!!!...i'm glad you Were able to get back to it -its looking BRILLIANT!!!   I still think its so cool that you're building an early version, and mine is a custom later version! not long ago, there wasnt any!

On 10/6/2020 at 10:14 PM, Dann Tier said:

NICE!!!...i'm glad you Were able to get back to it -its looking BRILLIANT!!!   I still think its so cool that you're building an early version, and mine is a custom later version! not long ago, there wasnt any!

Hello Dann,

thank you! Your feedback has always been a true motivation to carry on with this project.

Now I even have a plan how to do the windows and headlight covers. I will do them by thermoforming with a plaster mold. To create the mold, I will do a 3D printed negative mold. 

I once did a canopy for the 1/12 Lindbergh GT200 by thermoforming with a plaster mold. Worked well back then. 

Greetings from Germany

Erich

I don't know how I missed this thread Dann?

That's nothing short of amazing...  Creating an entire body from photos or images found on the web is something that is not within everyone's reach.  A good example that when you really want something, anything is possible!   However, it requires extraordinary skills to reach this level of craftsmanship! ?

On 10/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, capricorn71 said:

Hello Dann,

thank you! Your feedback has always been a true motivation to carry on with this project.

Now I even have a plan how to do the windows and headlight covers. I will do them by thermoforming with a plaster mold. To create the mold, I will do a 3D printed negative mold. 

I once did a canopy for the 1/12 Lindbergh GT200 by thermoforming with a plaster mold. Worked well back then. 

Greetings from Germany

Erich

Sounds GREAT, Bud!!...really looking forward to more -you're picking up steam!!!!!