Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Biscayne

IHSS

I've always liked the 67 Chevy full size line up but thought the more formal roof looked better than the fast back. So I decided to try making the Impala into a Biscayne. Still have a lot to do but it's getting close. All comets welcomed 

Thanks for looking

Jeff

IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2200.JPG

Thanks for looking all. Snake got it. The roof is from the AMT 68 Camaro and the newer AMT release of the Impala SS. I'm hoping to do the same window frames as the pic posted above. I got the parts that've been done finished with smoothing out all the seems. Now I need to scribe the trunk out and the panel between the trunk and window. Then its just getting the rear quarter windows into shape so I can get the B-pillars and window frames in.

29 minutes ago, drodg said:

Looks good.   There isn't a resin body of a Biscayne?     

Thanks.      For me it's not the destination it's the journey. Plus doing this myself instead of buying resin increases my skills and confidence for future projects. I do have a couple of resin bodies of subjects that I like that are beyond my current skill set but if it looks like something I can do I go for it. Another project I did a while back may be getting casted by a very good caster and offered as a conversion kit. I'm also working on a companion to that one that I may run by him to see if he would be interested in casting and offer it also. There was a post about it in the resin section a few weeks back. I am working on a 69 Coronet from the monogram Super Bee kit that's stalled. I just can't seem to decide what direction to finish it. I put a couple pics of it up a couple weeks ago and the "companion" can be seen in the back ground. It's close so I may put some pics of it up soon. Thanks again