Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Biscayne

IHSS

On 7/16/2018 at 2:27 PM, MrObsessive said:

They're similar, but you'd still have to do some tweaking...............

DSCN4516.JPG

Is the biscayne a little shorter in the quarter panels between the door and rear wheel than the impala? Or does it just look that way with the "shorter" roof?

55 minutes ago, fordf-100 said:

Is the biscayne a little shorter in the quarter panels between the door and rear wheel than the impala? Or does it just look that way with the "shorter" roof?

As far as I know, all Chevrolet B bodies for 1965-'66 had the same wheelbase. The other divisions back then had different lengths-------Pontiac comes to mind with the Bonneville/Ventura.

On 7/11/2018 at 1:00 PM, oldnslow said:

Looks nice , where did you source the roof section ?

Just found this ,

2-1508783824032.jpg?1514494841000

looks like you're well on your way .

Comparing this side shot to your model, it looks like yours is close but the rear window on yours tapers off slanting downward a bit more than this picture of the 1:1. Nice work on creating a car many of us would love to own!

Looking over this thread several times since I last commented, I can see where this can be a daunting conversion and I love it!

Just a little observation in the bodywork area if you don't mind along the lines of what Mike said...........and this is up to you. When AMT modeled this particular body style, I always  thought that the rear fender "bulges and creases" were a bit exaggerated.

Taking a look at the mid line crease on the body to the upper most curve of the rear fender bulge, it seems that to my eyes there's just a bit too much real estate on the kit body. It's hard to tell on the black car pictured..........I ran across this green one which highlights the body crease just a bit better.

1968Biscayne2Door.jpg.941b435c00341bee3d3bdc2a5ff0f414.jpg

This ones a '68, but the bodies were essentially the same. Also if you take a look at the beltline area just behind the door, notice how it's a bit more level, and not as curved as the Impala hardtop is. GM's new for '67 B Body hardtops were attempting to be a bit more imposing and "daring" than what they were before.

Again, it's up to you as this might require sectioning that quarter a scooch, and reshaping the crease. Just the same....keep up the good work! Plain Jane bodystyle conversions always get my attention! B)

1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

Comparing this side shot to your model, it looks like yours is close but the rear window on yours tapers off slanting downward a bit more than this picture of the 1:1. Nice work on creating a car many of us would love to own!

Back in the early '90's I owned for a time a '67 Pontiac Catalina which had the exact same roofline. BIG 400 with no power anything! I only had it for a couple years and then sold it to someone local. Unfortunately, the buyer lived on a busy street where he parked the car, and one day going past his house I saw the car with the entire back end smashed in.

Broke my heart as it was super duper clean when he got it, and was a powerful son of gun! :(:(

I wish I had kept it looking back but it was for me a real handful to drive with no power steering or brakes (bought brand new by an elderly man originally), and I had at that time my ever cantankerous Fiat Spider, so I let the Pontiac go instead.

Dummy me should have gotten rid of the Fiat before it decided to break its timing belt! :angry:

18 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

As far as I know, all Chevrolet B bodies for 1965-'66 had the same wheelbase. The other divisions back then had different lengths-------Pontiac comes to mind with the Bonneville/Ventura.

Ok thanks for the info, much appreciated!