Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro Convertible resin up top

I have one of those Time Machine resin parts.  I also have some uptops from a AMT 68 Camaro custom kit and a AMT 68 Firebird custom  kit.  I would like a uptop for my original AMT Indy 500 Pace Car kit too.  I also have a uptop that is marked as a part for a 68 to 72 Chevelle.  I just am not certain how well they fit and look on the bodies.  The first one I am most certain is the Time Machine resin part.  The second is a unknown part but is resin.  I am uncertain where the third one came from.  The fourth one came from either a Camaro or Firebird 68 custom kit in my collection, I think the directions say this top is installed from underneath the body.

uptop 1.JPG

uptop 2.JPG

Edited by Greg Wann

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say that there is a market for up tops -  A year or two ago, I managed to get a Revell second generation Camaro convertible that still had both the up top and the boot with it. It would be nice if someone could copy those two pieces - I think that converting a T roof car to a convertible would be relatively easy. And oh yeah - some enterprising individual really needs to do the top for the Revell and AMY Z28 convertible..

On 9/25/2018 at 11:01 PM, Greg Wann said:

I have one of those Time Machine resin parts.  I also have some uptops from a AMT 68 Camaro custom kit and a AMT 68 Firebird custom  kit.  I would like a uptop for my original AMT Indy 500 Pace Car kit too.  I also have a uptop that is marked as a part for a 68 to 72 Chevelle.  I just am not certain how well they fit and look on the bodies.  The first one I am most certain is the Time Machine resin part.  The second is a unknown part but is resin.  I am uncertain where the third one came from.  The fourth one came from either a Camaro or Firebird 68 custom kit in my collection, I think the directions say this top is installed from underneath the body.

uptop 1.JPG

uptop 2.JPG

If that resin top you have is the same one I got for my AMT Chevelle convertible kit.........it is waaaay to big for the car. :o

image.png.a86e81ccbbcf0148d5d6f2d575eea062.png
image.png.5d2b827d34449a7b7d454c672591752b.png

I suspect if came from one of the diecast cars (1/24) and a better bet might be to use the top out of the Revell '72 Olds. I don't have a pic, but that fits better.