Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Dodge Adventurer 150

Hello everyone, haven't posted in a while but I have some built kits I have been building hopefully that I will post soon!

Used the Lil Red Truck, was a fun build I love the older AMT MPC stuff!

I used parts pack tires, resin wheels from Scenes Unlimited love them too, they are the GM rallys, but then i put the Chrysler caps on them the looked like the Chrysler police wheels so painted them to match and makes the truck look like a nice muscle truck. 

I cleaned up the drip rails and used some strip styrene to make all the trim for the two tone. paint was testors model master lacquers. 

image.thumb.png.294548f846f4fb08377646969090c2d1.pngimage.thumb.png.e119bc0441f9fab4c20d00eb675f82cf.pngimage.thumb.png.e31c3c6cee680e85fc5d580e0c28e13e.png

image.png

Edited by migace

If I had an old Dodge Step Side Pick up I'd want it to look like this.  I like the somewhat understated look at first glance. Then you see the Wheel and Tire combination and you just wonder, Is that a Six or a 440 under the hood.

Looks great!  It seems to me AMT is missing an opportunity to add another kit to their lineup for not too much investment. Take the Lil Red Express kit, add the slant six from one of their other kits, tool up some steel wheels and dog dishes and have a whole 'nother kit to release.