Model Cars Magazine Forum

Car parts as props in Star Trek: First Contact

I'm sitting here watching this on cable TV. During the scene in which the Auto Destruct sequence is initiated, passageways from the bridge open, to let crew members evacuate. Each passage has door that lowers down like a ramp. The lower surface of the ramp is a cowl induction hood scoop. I wish I could do a screen grab and post it here.

18 minutes ago, LDO said:

I'm sitting here watching this on cable TV. During the scene in which the Auto Destruct sequence is initiated, passageways from the bridge open, to let crew members evacuate. Each passage has door that lowers down like a ramp. The lower surface of the ramp is a cowl induction hood scoop. I wish I could do a screen grab and post it here.

I thought there was a difference between cowl induction (with the opening that faces the rear of the vehicle) and a hood scoop (with the opening that faces the front of the vehicle).

The ILM effects crew used parts from a variety of WWII kits, from Panther and Tiger tanks to Messerschmitt Bf-109's, to detail the Millenium Falcon. The had a relationship with Monogram, when it was based in Hawthorne, Ca., and would order certain trees of kit parts and buy returned kits with missing parts at a big discount. Lotta Panther engine decks used on the  MF to simulate vents.

20 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

The ILM effects crew used parts from a variety of WWII kits, from Panther and Tiger tanks to Messerschmitt Bf-109's, to detail the Millenium Falcon. The had a relationship with Monogram, when it was based in Hawthorne, Ca., and would order certain trees of kit parts and buy returned kits with missing parts at a big discount. Lotta Panther engine decks used on the  MF to simulate vents.

and 1/12th scale Ferrari engine blocks.