Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Ford GT40 No.2 1966 Le Mans Winner

PatW

Built box stock, not much in the way of detail, steering at the front and just a transmission at the back and a metal rod axle joining the two wheels together. But a good PE sheet and good decals are included.

photo-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

Those kits had a lot of potential is only they had a full engine.  If IMC could have made them fifty years ago with opening doors and front and rear sections you would think Fujumi would step it up.  Of course they are much more accurate than they toy like IMC kits but they do have a certain nostalgic value.

IMG_2647.PNG

IMG_2648.PNG

Edited by vamach1

Thanks vamach1. Yes I remember buying/building an Airfix 1/24 of the Gulf Oils version in the '70's, and even that had a lift up rear body and full engine transmission. and lift up bonnet with a spare wheel!

Edited by PatW

You've done a good job on that GT40 build and I agree, in that if Airfix could include the opening front and rear panels with the Gulf version, with engine and transmission, surely Fujimi could have done the same with the '66 ? Nice kit none the less.

David

• 4 weeks later...

Well, let me tell ya the more I look at this the more amazed I am. I'm a little familiar with IMC (Chaparral 2E) kits. WAYYYY before their time and refinement. This model is just spectacular, the little things really pop... the whole light set up, amazing. the nice little flair in the front fender, I could go on and on. just incredible!

OOPS I was under the impression this was the IMC model, still and all a very beautiful kit. I have been out of the loop a few years still trying to get back into the groove here. I've been making a lot of these mistakes lately better to lay low, everytime I say something... well... still a very beautiful model like I said.

Edited by Hooked on Chaparral