Model Cars Magazine Forum

My son's first model

carcrazy19

We went to Hobby Lobby to see what was on the shelves in the model section and my son who is big in to monster Jam right now saw the MAD MAX snap kit. He asked me if he was old enough to build it. Then said to me I could help him if he doesn't understand the instructions. I thought to myself why not he's a smart kid. We got home and got right to building after an hour and half he completed the kit and was so excited to have finished his model that he couldn't wait to show everybody. I couldn't be more proud of him.

IMG_2106[1].JPG

5 hours ago, High octane said:

How old is your son? My grandson will soon be 5 but I'm thinkin' of waiting 'til he's 6 to see if he has any interest in building plastic models.

Hi Nick, he is 5 years old. I hope you have a memorable time with your grandson as I did with my son.

Edited by carcrazy19

Congratulations to your son on the fine build. I wish mine had turned out so well at that age! Lastly, high praise to you as his father, encouraging him to create something he can share, display and be continually proud of, may be the best gift, and is quite frankly the best part of this story. Thanks for sharing, this wins best post today honors.