Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Shasta w/ 60 Chevy SD resin build thread ..

Dale Gribble

Did a little scratch building on the propane tank and added a couple decals from my stash to replicate a safety decal , and a brand decal . I'm going to use a modified welding regulator and hose when installed ... 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Dale Gribble

I think the problem people are seeing with the first photo of the sedan delivery is that the body is sitting on the ground and not a chassis.  So it looks super low. Put at the proper height it would be just fine.  But.... who takes a sedan delivery camping?  Two seats, where do the kids go?  Unless you are doing the modern street rod thing.

As far as what was real and what looks realistic,  I lived most of my life on the Jersey shore.  It's common to see boats being towed by work vehicles.   A plumber by day, boater on the weekend kinda thing.   

But looking at both scale trailers against the photos of the real ones, it seems the wall ripples are too pronounced on them.  The real one looks flatter.  And on the Modelhaus, the "trim" is pronounced (and as you pointed out, needed to be cut at the door, but on the real ones it's painted on.

Dale, are you going to put an interior in the trailer?  It's actually pretty easy to scratch build.  I can post some photos if you wish.

Now the big question... what's happening with the Caravan bank in the background?  Is that the metal bank or a resin copy?  I was hoping for resin someday.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Dale I like your Shasta.  Spent a few weekends in one of those, the best was going Smelt Fishing in Canada with my dad, my buddy and his dad. It was pulled with a mid 70's Chrysler wagon, not sure what make it was.  One year my dad had to sit along 75 in the middle of Detroit as we had a flat tire on the trailer. That was fun looking for a tire on a Sunday afternoon. LOL 

I also have both of these but never thought to put them side by side yet.