Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 356 race car .

Silver Foxx

Great looking build!  I'd bet that I'm not the only forum member who's interested in finding out some more about your plastic spoon/fender flares trick.  Do you have any pics that show that process or any insight about how you did those spoon-flares?

Totally awesome mate. This the only build of this kit that I have seen that looks real. Once again its colour & stance. Love the guards & wheel combo.

I knew you had it in you. Keep up the good work (or bashing). The "How To" on the spoon guards is a good idea.

Brian

21 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Great looking build!  I'd bet that I'm not the only forum member who's interested in finding out some more about your plastic spoon/fender flares trick.  Do you have any pics that show that process or any insight about how you did those spoon-flares?

I am no super modeller so my method is pretty simple , I used new small measuring spoons from a lawncare product . The spoons are cut in half , shaped to fit the side of the body and glued on , I then use my Dremel to cut the spoon back to the opening that I want . Then I fill and sand to blend the spoon to the body . You can use bigger spoons for larger fender openings . Hope this helps . Thanks for the nice comments guys .

DSCN8174.JPG

DSCN8175.JPG

DSCN8176.JPG

DSCN8177.JPG