Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius /Model king 65'Mercury Cyclone A/FX

Mr mopar

On 8/16/2018 at 10:12 AM, Force said:

Ford used Holley model 4160 carbs with vacuum secondaries and no choke on the FE race engines with dual carbs, the carbs are turned backwards so the distributor will fit because if you turn them the normal way the float bowl on the front carb will interfere with the distributor cap.
So these carburetors will work nicely for your build.

Otherwise you can use the carburetors from the AMT 1960 Starliner Custom or 2 'n 1 kits, they looks pretty good too.

For the Injection manifold you could use one from the AMT Street Freak Mustang or similar and use aluminum tubes.

Thank you very much for this most appreciated information.

MAN, there are maybe what, half the trees that carry over from the street version?

Unfortunately, the firewall is one of those carry-over parts.  But the chassis is new (or at least it has a new front insert with a more radically raised set of integrated lower suspension arms), engine's new, 30% of the interior's new, and so is the body shell, which has had its chrome moldings removed and the rear wheel arches teased a bit for the larger tires.  I'd put this kit at a pretty conservative 60% distinct from the stock version.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis
content reassessment

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Casey said:

What is the source for these valve covers?

The blower scoop looks like a Steve Perry/Calnaga Castings part, and I know Steve spent a lot of time doing a more accurate master for the SOHC valve covers, so maybe that is a Calnaga part as well....???   TIM 

6 hours ago, tim boyd said:

The blower scoop looks like a Steve Perry/Calnaga Castings part, and I know Steve spent a lot of time doing a more accurate master for the SOHC valve covers, so maybe that is a Calnaga part as well....???   TIM 

Tim I think you are correct. Do you know if Steve is going to start selling his parts again?