Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius /Model king 65'Mercury Cyclone A/FX

Mr mopar

3 hours ago, jasoncamaro said:

Tim I think you are correct. Do you know if Steve is going to start selling his parts again? 

Jason.....I do not.   Steve returned from his successful assignment supporting the Lincoln Navigator launch at the end of last year, and he is continuing to build models of various topics with his usual high-detail standards, but I am not clear on what is happening  or not with Calnaga Castings.  Recommend you email him and ask directly (PM me if you need his email addy)…...TIM 

Just ordered this kit...

What is the general opinion on parts supplied in the kit. I see some comments about valve covers not being accurate, is this

based on what Model King put in the box? Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread, just don't have the time anymore to

read each and every post.

This kit looks like a great opportunity for those who do aftermarket parts; resin, decals, Photo-etch. <grill please. :)

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER

• 2 weeks later...

Received this Kit I ordered from Model Round Up. Looks great!

I did compare the valve covers to those in the 1/25th AMT Ohio George '33 Willys kit.

The Comet kit V/covers are larger,    .072" longer. Hmm.:wacko:

Comet V/covers 1.08" long or about 27 inches. (tho the flange might be overly large)

Anyone know what the real measurements are? I googled but can't find the answer.

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER

I bought my kit in Sylvania last Saturday. I was looking at it tonight and I noticed some confusion on the instruction sheet. In the painting suggestions it says to spray the chassis pan in red oxide and body color overspray. But the photo shows the chassis pan in flat black without overspray. OOPS!  Almost in the same category as the '65 Plymouth Belvidere kits with the Hudson interior paint references.

Great to see that this kit is available! Had to get one of them also, so I ordered one from eBay. There was one seller with a realistic shipping cost to Finland, some other sellers and some online companies like Model RoundUp had pretty high shipping charges...:rolleyes: Can't wait to have this kit on my hands!

Do any of the Canucks on here know when this kit will be available in the Great White North?  I've heard one of the hobby shops in Ottawa has/had some, but my local shop says that none of their suppliers (including one of the larger US distributors) have it listed yet. 

Is this a limited production kit, or is demand just outstripping the current supply?

My heart won't be completely broken if I miss this kit, but I would still very much like to have one!

On 16.10.2018 at 11:52 AM, W-409 said:

Great to see that this kit is available! Had to get one of them also, so I ordered one from eBay. There was one seller with a realistic shipping cost to Finland, some other sellers and some online companies like Model RoundUp had pretty high shipping charges...:rolleyes: Can't wait to have this kit on my hands!

And today it arrived in the Mail! It's funny how slow everything goes here in Finland, as it took less time for the package to arrive to Helsinki, Finland than what it took to go through the customs and get to my doorstep, which is like maybe 10 miles or something like that.... But the eBay seller did a very good job again, I'm pretty sure that's the way to order these Limited Production kits in the future, too.

Anyway, the kit itself looks very nice, can't wait to start building it. I was so happy to see that the body wasn't warped at all, as the 1965 Plymouth kits had that problem. Looking at the parts I have no complaints, except that the window trim is molded to the windows which really sucks...When applying BMF to the window trim, only a minor slip with the hobby knife will ruin the window... Hopefully that doesn't happen to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...