Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Firearm Fantasy Build

SawgrassRaven

I hear you on the dust. It shows up in most of my pics too. For some reason the camera pics up stuff that doesn't show up in real life, just as it makes metallic and metalflake paints look "sparkly-er" than they do in 3D. 

Cool build, by the way. Now you need to do a Porsche (1)911. B)

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I hear you on the dust. It shows up in most of my pics too. For some reason the camera pics up stuff that doesn't show up in real life, just as it makes metallic and metalflake paints look "sparkly-er" than they do in 3D. 

Tamiya has released Sebastian Vettel’s 2017 Australian Grand Prix debut Ferrari SF70H Formula One car in 1/20 scale. Vettel won the race, with his teammate Kimi Raikkonen finishing fourth in his. That's my next one.

:)

Edited by SawgrassRaven

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Snake, you know me as St__ts from a certain firearms forum.  :)

1 hour ago, mmdm4 said:

Very nice, now a Colt one would be nice! Who did your decals?

I was thinking of a light blue Smith & Wesson #29 car with dark blue decals. Even the roof and door numbers would the old timey font of their logo.

Josh Muma at Bedlam Creations makes my decals. The guy is a genius. :)

Very sharp! Very nice builds. I like the Fantasy NASCAR builds. I have a ton of ideas if I ever start doing Stock Car kits again. I had a bunch of 1/24 scale diecasts and decals to make about 10-15 years ago, but never did and ended up selling them all off. Hindsight is really 20/20 :(.

9 hours ago, SawgrassRaven said:

I was thinking of a light blue Smith & Wesson #29 car with dark blue decals. Even the roof and door numbers would the old timey font of their logo.

Josh Muma at Bedlam Creations makes my decals. The guy is a genius. :)

No, go for the royal blue of their '60s-'70s boxes. B)