[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      Board Status   07/20/2018

      Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
SawgrassRaven

Another Firearm Fantasy Build

Recommended Posts

The paint is flawless; what you see is dust. I swear this car draws dust the minute it leaves the case. Shown next to its Ruger stablemate (posted  earlier).


DSCN7759.jpg

DSCN7761.jpg

DSCN7775.jpg

DSCN7779.jpg

DSCN7784.jpg

DSCN7785.jpg

DSCN7789.jpg

DSCN7791.jpg

DSCN7794.jpg

DSCN7795.jpg

DSCN7796.jpg

DSCN7797.jpg

DSCN7798.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you on the dust. It shows up in most of my pics too. For some reason the camera pics up stuff that doesn't show up in real life, just as it makes metallic and metalflake paints look "sparkly-er" than they do in 3D. 

Cool build, by the way. Now you need to do a Porsche (1)911. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I hear you on the dust. It shows up in most of my pics too. For some reason the camera pics up stuff that doesn't show up in real life, just as it makes metallic and metalflake paints look "sparkly-er" than they do in 3D. 

Cool build, by the way. Now you need to do a Porsche (1)911. B)

 

Tamiya has released Sebastian Vettel’s 2017 Australian Grand Prix debut Ferrari SF70H Formula One car in 1/20 scale. Vettel won the race, with his teammate Kimi Raikkonen finishing fourth in his. That's my next one.

 :)

 

 

Edited by SawgrassRaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice, now a Colt one would be nice! Who did your decals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I hear you on the dust. It shows up in most of my pics too. For some reason the camera pics up stuff that doesn't show up in real life, just as it makes metallic and metalflake paints look "sparkly-er" than they do in 3D. 

Cool build, by the way. Now you need to do a Porsche (1)911. B)

Snake, you know me as St__ts from a certain firearms forum.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mmdm4 said:

Very nice, now a Colt one would be nice! Who did your decals?

I was thinking of a light blue Smith & Wesson #29 car with dark blue decals. Even the roof and door numbers would the old timey font of their logo.

Josh Muma at Bedlam Creations makes my decals. The guy is a genius. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this. I'll eventually do a fictional sponsor stock car. But it will be something weird to make people go :wacko:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sharp! Very nice builds. I like the Fantasy NASCAR builds. I have a ton of ideas if I ever start doing Stock Car kits again. I had a bunch of 1/24 scale diecasts and decals to make about 10-15 years ago, but never did and ended up selling them all off. Hindsight is really 20/20 :(.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SawgrassRaven said:

I was thinking of a light blue Smith & Wesson #29 car with dark blue decals. Even the roof and door numbers would the old timey font of their logo.

Josh Muma at Bedlam Creations makes my decals. The guy is a genius. :)

No, go for the royal blue of their '60s-'70s boxes. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

No, go for the royal blue of their '60s-'70s boxes. B)

Excellent point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to do a favorite things car but its actually going to be a beer car. but not Budweiser or any miller product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

I'm going to do a favorite things car but its actually going to be a beer car. but not Budweiser or any miller product.

I say you should do Founder's Porter.  It is one of my favorite beers :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They both look great Sawgrass.  Why do you call them fantasy builds?  I saw the Remington car on eBay for cheap yesterday.. almost got it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jchrisf said:

They both look great Sawgrass.  Why do you call them fantasy builds?  I saw the Remington car on eBay for cheap yesterday.. almost got it myself.

Ruger never sponsored a race car. Glock did in 2006 (I think).

 

37-michelle-theriault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SawgrassRaven said:

Ruger never sponsored a race car. Glock did in 2006 (I think).

 

37-michelle-theriault.jpg

I believe that's an ARCA car. Notice the hoosier tire decal on the front fender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MarkJ said:

I believe that's an ARCA car. Notice the hoosier tire decal on the front fender

You are correct, sir. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now