Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chaparral 2C by ARII

2 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

I like what you did with this kit.  What did you  use for the spring  panel fasteners on the sides?

https://www.modelbuilderswh.com  Pg. 10  they are sold out now, but, try the manufacturers I don't like taking bidness away from somebody but, when you gotta have it you gotta have it.

Edited by Hooked on Chaparral

Thanks you guys, first build in 20 years. I chose NOT to polish it out for 2 reasons A: the paint turned out pretty good( after all it's a racing car not a Delahaye) & B: too many little potential polishing problems on this, I'm doing a good old Treatment polish & wax and calling it a day. I will get better photos I did some things in the tail end and just a few other things, interior, etc.. Oh I also scratch built the chassis, not suspension, just straight axles, not sure if I am quite ready for that stuff yet after the layoff. I used the chassis on the IMC 2E and the photos in Falconers book for reference. I also used a spare Monogram 2D "tub", the Arii supplied one was just not quite right..:)

Edited by Hooked on Chaparral