Model Cars Magazine Forum

2017 Weather Tech Ferrari 488 GTE

Jhedir6

This is my first Model Factory Hiro kit, it's their 1/24 kit of the 2017 Ferrari 488 GTE from Scuderia Corsica that finished 3rd in the GTE AM class at Le Mans. It's a "curbside" with limited chassis detail but does show the engine top through the rear engine hatch. It does have a nicely detailed interior tho so I plan to add in some extra detailing there. 

You can see detail shots of the mock up on the MFH website HERE .

For now, wheels and tires are pretty much done, I might add a few more details in, not sure yet. Extra tire markings are from Powerslide's tire goodies set. The tire decals were covered with some Vallejo matte varnish to seal them in and I did the same on the wheel decals with some Tamiya acrylic clear and darkened up the centers with some panel line accent to give them a bit of depth. 

20180719_014842-vi.jpg

It's nice and cool here this morning so going to try to get some paint on the chassis today now that the heat wave is over. 

Thanks for the reply guys.

I got the paint done last night. Gravity Colors 2K white primer topped off with Gravity's Porsche Carrera White. This morning I started in on the decals. I'll get the big ones on first then go back around and add in the smaller detail decals before some clear.

20180720_100647-vi.jpg

More later on today.

Most of the decals are done for now, just a couple more to go and a few gaps to fill in. Should have them done tomorrow and will be able to clear as well. The MFH decals are really nice to work with and lay down very well with little or no solution needed. 

20180720_185205-vi.jpg

20180720_185239-vi.jpg

20180720_185257-vi.jpg

20180720_185319-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

6 hours ago, Gt fan said:

Looks good. Are you gonna weather it?

Yep, absolutely, podium car deserves to shown in it's glory.

Thanks for the replies guys, unfortunately no progress today. My computers went down last night and spent all night and most of today rebuilding one and redoing the network with some upgrades. Now that I'm worn out from that I will try to get the body finished off tomorrow.