Model Cars Magazine Forum

1973 Pontiac Trans Am

Revell/Monogram does a '70.5 which is the same basic car, but you'll have to modify/update to '73 details to your own satisfaction. 

I have a 1/24 diecast '73 Trans Am (or so it says on the chassis) that's not bad for an inexpensive diecast. No maker marked, but I bought it at Walmart a few years ago. 

Yup it was the favorite of all the cars I owned. Spun a bearing coming out of work racing a Z at the stop light one day and then a few weeks later picked up a fully rebuilt 455SD bored out with higher compression pistons semi race cam edelbrock manifold holly 780 double pumper headers etc. just sitting in the machine shop all paid for (the payer had gone to jail) added a 4:11 posi 12 bolt rear end had all the decals stripped off and the car repainted with black Imron that looked a mile deep had the turbo 400 rebuilt with a shift kit when I had the new engine installed

And I ended up selling it to my oldest brother whose wife slowly battered it to pieces

Pretty sure no '73 T/As. The MPC annual was a Formula that year. 

I agree that the easiest route would be to get one of the Monogram/Revell '70 T/As and a set of decals from Keith Marks in the color you need.

You'll also need seats. The '70 has the "one year only" lo-back buckets. A set from the Monogram '78 should be pretty close except for the sew pattern.

As for the SD455, The 400 in the kit could easily be painted up to look the part. They were basically the same on the outside. Possibly different exhaust manifolds ??