Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty nice for 1/144 scale. I had a few in my stash, but the quality in that scale is all over the map; some are jewels, and some are barely recognizable. This one looks really nice, but for the undersized bubbletop. Your paint and decal work are very clean; well done!

If you decide to build a "jug" in 1/48 scale, you gotta check out the new Italeri  P-47D; the sprues are works of art, and the decal sheet is outstanding in scope and quality. It's a bit pricey, but I found a couple on ebay sold as bagged kits, and got a great deal. a must-see kit for WWII buffs.

Great job, especially on a kit that tiny!  One of my "side projects" now is 1/144 scale. But it's a 727, so a lot bigger than your Jug.

Here's a book I found at the local flea market a while ago, for 5 whole dollars.  "The Thunder Factory: An Illustrated History of the Republic Aviation Corporation" by Joshua Stoff.  That was a great deal, since I had more than $5 worth of fun reading it and it's now in my reference library.  Covers the whole history of Republic, with very detailed coverage of the P-47's development and use. 

th_fac.png