Model Cars Magazine Forum

It has been repnorted on Spotlight Hobbies and Facebook that AlbertWallace has passed away.

I don't think Albert was on this site, but he was very active on the Spotlight board, and was known by many. He was a true model car and 1-1 car guy, and had a huge personality and sense of humor. He travelled to many car and model shows in California and attended NNL East once or twice. He always had his trusty camera along and posted thousands of car guy pics. His great friend David Dale announced his passing from cancer. I'm sure allof you that knew him will never forget him  I know tht I won't. 

Amen.  Albert was a prince of a guy and a friend to everyone he met.  He met my dog once and never failed to ask about him - by name - after that, any time we saw each other or spoke or emailed.  He came to Phoenix for the Copperstate Championship, Tucson Toy Show, and Desert Scale Classic.  We rubbed elbows in Carlsbad as well.  ALWAYS enjoyed his posts and emails.  He was always smiling . . . Such a tragic and nasty end of the road for such a terrific guy.  I'm just glad he's no longer suffering.

RIP Albert.  You've earned the peace and respite. 

While I've never met him personally, I do know of him and I may have been in Toledo for the NNL when he was there. Wish I would have been able to stop in Cali back in 2016 on the way home from Maui, but my wife had booked our flights for non-stop. I really wanted to spend a couple days in Southern Cal and meet not only Albert but his side-kick David Dale as well. Somethings are not meant to be. I do know them both from from the Spotlight board. May Albert rest in peace as he will be missed by many.

Wow................shocked to see this. :(

I've run into Albert a number of times over the years, and I had no idea he was ill until I saw a recent post on the Spotlight board. I'll have to carve out some time somewhere down the road, and build that '62 Pontiac kit. Albert REALLY loved that car, and I'd even like to paint it in the color of his.

Here's a pic of Albert, Ted "Chopper" Lear, and myself at the Toledo NNL back in I believe 2008. The last time I was there till just a couple years ago. Yes, that's a MUCH bigger me in that pic with the bushy "mountain man" beard and all!

S4200001.jpg

RIP Albert........you truly were one of the good ones. :( 

I met Albert together with one of his friends (unfortunately I did not catch his name) at the Long Beach Hi-Perf Swap Meet back in November 2009, I thought I recognized him from photos I had seen on the Spotlight Hobbies Board and introduced myself and asked if I was right, I sure was and we shook hands and strolled together at the swap meet for quite a while, and talked as if we had been friends for a long time.
He will surely be missed, goodbye my friend.

This picture is borrowed from Albert's albums, his friend took the photo of us that day.

S4200161-vi.jpg.c15ef24205387135e8b2c73181d94a4a.jpg

Edited by Force