Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT '94 Ford F-150 Lightning Pickup

Casey

17 hours ago, mk11 said:

Makes me wish I'd kept the '94 Lightning press kit I had ^_^

Good article here from Motor Trend...

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-f150-lightning-xlt/

mike

Thanks for digging up that old review, Mike.   SVT Lightning owners loved their trucks, for all the reasons cited in that review  The second gen Lightning, even more-so.  I clearly recall that just as the article mentions, the lack of legroom in the first gen standard cab was really the only shortcoming of that vehicle and in the light of all the other benefits, not much to complain about.  

Someday before I die I'll recap the adventures during my first media event as the SVT leader when one of our  Marketing/Public Affairs personnel got a little carried away driving an SVT Lightning the morning of the event.... makes me smile now.  Back then, not quite so much.    TIM   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was looking at the box bottom at Hobby Lobby, and the narrow tailgate is actually shown on the sprue layout on the bottom. It is directly across from the hood. When (and if) AMT fixes it, will they correct the box bottom too? I hope so.

• 2 weeks later...